Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting authorization for BW Consultants

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have provided the  authorization to BW consultants to perform the administration and support task in BW Production system. As per our scenario, Basis team is not completely aware of the BW task as it requies BW skills.

So I wish to know is it correct to provide BW Consultants authorization in BW Production system or this task should be completely handled by Basis team.  What should be the standard approach followed in other companies.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

If you have given Admin & Support tasks like RSA1, RSD1, reports administration,... its fine. These are BW tasks that BW consultants perform.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Ajesh, Yes I agree that support tcodes should be provided to BW team. But our manamgement wants all the access from BW team to be removed as the support task should be handled by Basis team.  Is there any justification from SAP or something that we can show to management(considering management is not very technical here, they treat BW also as ECC systems).

0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Some one has to let them know that they are not system support activities that Basis handles and more over Basis usually doesnt have the required expertise on these tasks. Just like FICO, MM, SD...support team has access, BW support also should have. What they do is ETL activities using the platform.

I havent seen any document from SAP defining roles and responsibilities for the systems. If you have the required training and knowledge, you can handle the tasks. Unless organizational or audit policies enforce you from doing multiple tasks that may lead to risk.

Regards,

Ajesh.