cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SPS 04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed the solution manager 7.1 successfully. Now I am planning to upgrade it ti SP04. My queries are in below

1. Can I use the patchset SPS 04 files those are delivered with the CD ? If yes which stack .xml file should I select (maintenance, Upgrade)

2. If I have to download it from SMP what will be the start SP stack (ISS initail shipment Stack or SPS 03)

The confusion raised because when I am checking my system all the components are the part of SPS 03.

kindly suggest

Thanks,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for upgrade from SP03 to SP04,  you can proceed with out stack.xml, but java dependency is also needs to consider better go with the STACK XML.

you can download the patch also guided from MOPZ, check the sap note 1577909,1693437.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs...

I am now downloading the packages from MOPZ, will update you about the status..once it is done...

Thanks,

Satyabrat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satybrat,

You shouold use the maintenance optimizer to generate the stack.xml and populate your download basket with the files required to patch your system to SPS04.

Reagrds

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ryan..

When I am checking the component of SPS03 in  SMP  it exactly the same in my system.. so it is confirm that I should select the start stack as SPS 03. Correct me if I am worng..now my question is whether I can use PATCH set DVD for SPS04 that is downloaded from SMP if yes what about the stack.xml.

Thanks,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyabrat

Sorry I think I may have misread you initial posting, is this a fresh install of Solution Manager 7.1? If so you should be able to do the following from SAP Note 1577909 (Version 8), version 9 of this SAP Note is for the latest Installation/Upgrade Media (Solution Manager 7.1 SR1) which contains SPS4

• After you have installed your SAP Solution Manager 7.1, you must update the system to the current SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Stack before you continue to configure the system further.
  • For the update to the current SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Stack, you require
    • The latest SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Stack Kernel
    • the latest SAP Solution Manager 7.1 ABAP Stack
    • the latest SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Java Stack
  • Load the current SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Stack DVD from the SWCenter on SAP Service Marketplace.
    • Installations and Upgrades -> Browse our Download Catalog -> SAP Technology Components -> SAP Solution Manager -> SAP Solution Manager 7.1 -> Installation and Ugrade -> [OS version] -> [DB version]
    • 51042010 SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Support Package Stack 04
    • The DATA directory on this DVD contains a maintenance XML, the current ABAP Stack and the current Java Stack.
    • Copy all Java files to your EPS inbox.
    • Unpack all ABAP files to your EPS inbox.
  • Load the relevant current SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Stack Kernel from the SWCenter on SAP Service Marketplace.
    • Support Packages and Patches -> Browse our Download Catalog -> SAP Technology Components -> SAP Solution Manager -> SAP Solution Manager 7.1 -> Link to SP Stack Application ->

Start Support Package Stack: SAP Solution Manager 7.1 - ISS (initial shipment stack) 

Target Support Package Stack: SAP Solution Manager 7.1 - Support Package Stack 04 (December 2011) 

Next step: Choose [OS version] -> [DB version] 

Next step: Select the kernel files only. 

• Copy all kernel files to your EPS inbox.
  • ABAP Stack
    • Call transaction SAINT and use the maintenance XML in the EPS inbox.
    • If you are using DB6 as the database, see Note 1557909 before the implementation.
  • Java Stack
    • Call JSPM and use the maintenance XML in the EPS inbox.

Regards

Ryan