cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual work are posted when deactivating the final confirmation indicator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellow,

I have a question about the beahavior of the system while user deactivating the final confirmation indicator at network activity.

please read the following steps.

1. Open network activity in the builder (cj20n). the activity network with status REL (no confirmation has been done yet). Work = 70 Hours, Actual Hours = 0.

2. Use F8  to step into the confirmation screen.

3. active the final confirmation indicator.

4. Return to the activity screen

5. Step again into confirmation screen with F8

6. Now, deactive indicator final confirmation

7. Return to activity screen

8. Check tab screen "dates" and see that all the plan hours quantity in the field "Work" has been  transfered into actual hours. now Actual hours = 70 Hours.

Is this the right behavior of SAP Std? if its do I will be glad to get an explanation to this behavior.

Many thanks and best regards.

Nir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a standard behavior of the system.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this in my system and got the same result as you got. So, i guess this is the standard behaviour of the system. Also, do you get the pop up window after you remove the final confirmation indicator and try to go back to the project? The pop up window asks whether you want to enter the final confirmation. What do you choose here? Yes or No?

Depending on what you choose the status of the activity gets affected. If you choose yes the activity will have the CNF status but if you choose No the activity will get the PCNF status, which indicates that irrespective of what you have planned you can post some more hours to the activity. Check this.

Apart from this i do not think there is any other effect. The actual costs that were posted before will still remain as actual costs even if you remove the final confirmation indicator.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,Sudhakar and Amaresh,

Thanks for your replies,

for Gokul reply - I did choose "No". this message appear besouse the checkbox "completed" is active. however, if I deactivate both checkbox "final confirmation" and "Completed" (step 6 at the first of this thread) this problem disappear.

for all replies - I still do not understand the logical behind this behavior, for my opinion this is not part of a proper process, if you think different I will be glad to here your explaination.

anyway , I have opened an OSS to SAP about this issue. if i'll have some conclusions I will participte it in this thread.

Best regards.

Nir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While on the confirmation screen, if you select the fincal confirmation check box and save, then system automatically post the total planned hours to actual hours. system is behaving correctly.

If you input the %age of progress then system automatically convert those hours into actual hours and remaining hours would be seen in forcasted field.

cancel the confirmation and redo entering %age of progress and notice the system behaviour then you will understand how the system calculates the planned, actual, remaining and forecast hours on the confirmation screen.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

You can customise it to the behavior I mentioned  by OPST and deactivate checkbox "Propose Activities".

Best Regards,

Nir