cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Period Use & Tables FMGLFLEXT, PSGLFLEXT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I wanted to customise budget period to have functionality of monthly budget. When I checked I cant see any view for Budget Period Object in "Activate Account Assignment Elements."

I was going throgh many links and SCN discussions. I may need to upgrade EHP and activate "PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1 function" also. Then as we use New GL, I may need to do the activity to migrate data from FMGLFLEXT to PSGLFLEXT or create ne Ledger for PSGLFLEXT.

I want to make sure below things before i go for above process. Please suggest as this would be very critical for us.

1)

After doing all this and relevant Budget Period Customisation, will I really be able to do the Budgeting and Budget Control MONTH-WISE? Because to use this functionality only I will follow above process.

2)

Do I need to create new budget structure (Budget Addresses & Posting Addresses) alsong with this new object "Budget Period"?

3)

At the time of MM, PP & SD postings this account assignment "Budget Period" has to be derived through derivation rule? 

4)

If I create new ledger and assign scenarios to it instead of migrating from FMGLFLEXT to PSGLFLEXT where actually the data gets posted?

FMGLFLEXT Or PSGLFLEXT or Both?

- Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Yes

2) If you use budget structure, yes

3) Yes, via FMDERIVE

4) Table of new G/L is selected once; it's either PS, FM or FA - GLFLEXT.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Please, don't ask multiple questions and search before posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Sorry for asking multiple questions.

Regard to my last (4th) query

As I red that new ledger can also be created instead of migration in the link "http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/ab/01a2332ece40c8a0e3bc6dcc4b19ba/frameset.htm"

If I do so this ledger will be a Non leading ledger with Table "PSGLFLEXT" and Leading Ledger is "FMGLFLEXT" which is currently we are using will also remain as it is. We also use another non-leading ledger "NL".

In all after "Budget Period" is active we would have one leading ledger "0L" (Table FMGLFLEXT) and 2 non-leading ledgers as "NL" (Table:FMGLFLEXT) and new for Budget period (Table:PSGLFLEXT) which I will create.

Please guide, if this config structure is right and will have desired business impacts in terms of DATA accumulation in the Totals Tables.??

- Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions please ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not do That. Leading ledger is the consolidated ledger. postings to a non-leading ledger will also be posted to a leading ledger. They have to have the same total table.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only one table is to be used. Please, search before posting.

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh, where is your customer from?

Which 'update profile' do you use?

What kind of suggestion do you need?

Here you have the procedure: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/03/f1968109244986b0c3719d2670af08/content.htm

Regards,

Osvaldo

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh, you only would need to change the table if you need the budget period to get a balance by this dimension in GL, it is your case? usually it is not, please read the note "1400563 When should a PSM customer use FAGLFLEXT or FMGLFLEXT".

I hope it helps you.

regards

César

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

all

did can i define new ledge use total table PSGLFLEXT???

but  this table no option in define new ledge?

can any one help me?