cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where on earth is the SAP JVM 6.1 Installation Download?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I'm doing my first install of SAP (Sandbox system) and there seems to be nothing out there that is comprehensive for SAP installs for beginners (Who are basically flying solo with no-one else in the business who does SAP Basis)   (Wish it was as easy as Cisco )

Does anyone know where I can download the SAP JVM 6.1 Installation file? - Which I'm guessing is the version I will need for solution manager 7.1 ... ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP is now delivering its own JVM as SAP JVM, for this you no need to download it manually anywhere, it is coming along with the installation master, SAPINST automatically taken care of it, the same for diag agent,

you can get the info for this on both installtion guide and configuration guide of SM 7.1 in service market place.

check out this https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001264142010E.PDF

page no 8, and do review this discussion also http://scn.sap.com/thread/2119950

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

Thanks for the info, - Good to know I don't need to hunt for JVM from sap downloads.

I had downloaded SAPINST as I had sort of figured out I would need it at some point - unpackaged the SAR files and run sapinst and sapinstgui however the both give me an error that is kind of like huh?

SAPINST:

You start the installation without specifying a startup file via

SAPINST_CONTROL_URL in the directory E:/SOLMAN_INSTALL/SAPINST. The

framework asumes that control.xml or product.catalog has to be used but

there doesn't exist such files.If there exist an installation with a

different startup filename please specify that filename via

SAPINST_CONTROL_URL.

and SAPINSTGUI:

Error while connecting to communication partner - see preceding messages.

Could

not connect to host localhost on port 21212.

java.net.ConnectException:

Connection refused: connect

java.net.ConnectException: Connection

refused: connect

Which is what makes me wonder about Java missing (Sun Java is installed from Java.com by default)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved now.

SAPINST is found in the Install Master Directory already (Don't have to download it seperately) Got the first section of SOLMAN installed on the app server sweet now.

SOLMAN_7.1_Inst_Master\51042606\DATA_UNITS\SM71SR1_IM_WINDOWS_X86_64

Answers (0)