cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Creating Item Proposal: Material is not defined for sales org., distr.chan., language DE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I am getting an error as below While creating an Item Proposal using VA51.

Creating Item Proposal: Material is not defined for sales org.,  distr.chan., language DE

Please advise the possible solution

Regards

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, please run MM01 and extend your existing material -

put the material number , hit 'Select View(s)' and select Sales: Sales Org. Data 1-2, Sales: General/Plant Data, hit Enter, type your plant, sales org and distr. channel , hit enter

and type all relevant data. Save it.

Create a new docuement /item proposal - test it.

regards,

P.S. do you do SAP login using 'DE' language ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I tried as you mentioned in your reply but it says material already exists.

And while login usually I don't give any language key.

Please advise...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in additional functions for your material whether lanaguage DE is there or not.Check and reply

DVNR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DVNR

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes it is working now. I have checked the additional data of the Material and one EN was there. I added DE and save for all my materials and successfully created the Item Proposal. Thanks a lot for your help.

But I have a doubt here, when I am able to create the Quotation, sales orders, Consignment etc. with the same materials with out this error, why is the error only with Item proposals

Please advise....

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A material is already created. But you have to create the same MMR for the new sales organization and distribution channel. This is called "extending the MMR". Extend the MMR to the sales org (VKORG) and dis channel (VTWEG) which are given in the error message. Read mr. PIPO's post for the steps to extend the MMR

After that go to Tab Sales: sales organization 2, click on button Additional (on top), then you shall see Tab Descriptions - here you have to give Language = DE and Material Description = e.g. Material-101. Save.

Now create a sales order (VA01), in that the material description shall be extracted from the material description you would have given above.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please check in the documents which do not give this error, is the Language already maintained for the Sales org, Dis channel combination. (in MMR, button Additional data).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TT

Thank you for the reply. All that you mentioned is exactly right. But in my case, I don't have any new sales organization or Dist Ch. So Extension of material is not required.

I was getting the above error only when I was creating the Item Proposal for the existing material, sales org and dist ch. With the same materials, sales org and dist ch I was able to create sales orders and other doc types.

My doubt was why this error (Material is not defined for sales org.,  distr.chan., language DE) only for Item Proposal while With the same materials, sales org and dist ch I was able to create sales orders and other doc types.....

Please advise....

Regards

Suresh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When creating sales orders and other documents, the description - which is already present for VKORG and VTWEG combination - is extracted from the MMR

But the "source of extraction" is to be changed from MMR to Item proposal (for obvious advantages of item proposal over MMR), thus it is like "master data", therefore one needs to enter Description (again) in Item proposal (to create "master data").

I hope you are seeing the difference between a sales order and an item proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TT

Thanks a lot for your reply. I do understand the difference between the Sales or der and Item Proposal.

I have a material which is maintained with Language EN in the additional data of MMR. When entered this material in a sales order it was working fine.

But the same material when entered in an Item Proposal, the error comes.

Material is not defined for sales org.,  distr.chan., language DE. Once I entered DE in the additional data of MMR Item proposal is working fine.

So I want to know why like this...

I am extremely sorry if I am disturbing you with the same question....

Regards

Suresh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you please why in the sales order system is asking for language EN and in item proposal why it is asking for language DE.

Maybe it is because of the language of the "delivering plant" in the sales order. please check what is the language of this plant in IMG.

Also by changing the plant in VA01, maybe you can check this.

Answers (0)