cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts are not being emailed out automatically in Solman 7.1 SP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently upgraded Solution Manager system to 7.1 SP4 and configured Technical Monitoring for sandbox systems but alerts are not being emailed automatically. Maintained email address in Notification Management and Alerting framework task was executed. I am able see system alerts in Technical Monitoring --> Alert Inbox and I am able to manually send notifications(alerts) to my email, I am really not sure what's missing. Is any other configuration needed to automatically send the alerts to email?

Any documentation or help to solve the issue will be much appreciated ...

Thanks,

Srini K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to check out Note 1581460, it describes the process for setting up notifications. In particular, look at the requirements for the user SOLMAN_BTC, which sends out the automatic notifications. It needs to have the role SAP_NOTIF_ADMI and an e-mail address (doesn't necessarily have to be a real e-mail address, sometimes a "dummy" one works).

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicol,

Thanks for the note! It worked, I am getting emails after adding the role to SOLMAN_BTC user.

Quick question - I added my company email address to SOLMAN_ADMIN, I am getting emails but when I added my colleagues id to notification management ...he is not getting the emails(we maintained his email in su01). I tried adding my email address to my id and added it to notification management and i don't get emails.

As SOLMAN_ADMIN is a super user and has full authorization ... Are there any specific roles which are needed for the receiver's id ?

Thanks,

Srini K

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

For the automatic email transmission of EWA reports the email address of the user is maintained in two possible places, depending on if you are sending by "Solution" or sending by "System"

If you are sending by system then you need to ad the reciepient for each system in table DSWP_SYS_EMAIL.

If you are sending by Solution, it's a trick navigation to the EWA screen that was in DSWP, but you can get there via this link that deals with creating an Ad Hoc EWA in Solman 7.1,  at this wiki http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/aQO0Dw or directly via SE38 > RDSMOP_MAIN

You can find a T/S wiki for email configuration. It is actually the same in 7.1, just a different navigation is required at some points, but I addressed that above. This is the T/S wiki for Automatic EWA email transmission.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/9acwDQ

Regards,

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

kindly go through the below link, it will help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/3f/567ddea69d3d4c93a6aedabd08899e/frameset.htm

thanks,

Subhashini.

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Pleae review following points regarding RFC user BPM_LOCAL_XXX:

1.- the user has been assigned roles SAP_IDOC_EVERYONE & SAP_S_CSMREG
    Check in PFCG -> authorizations and user comparison should be green
    for the user
2.- The e-mail address assgined to this user
    As per the documentation, only e-mail addresses that are known
    within the specified mail server are allowed

3. In addition, make sure that this user's personal time zone
   corresponds to the system's time zone (transaction SU01, "Defaults"
   page -> Personal Time Zone).

In the BMon Troublehsooting Guide there are some hints to check this
issue, I will past the relevant paragraph here:

1510408    Troubleshooting for Business Process Monitoring
Chapter 6 Errors in the Automatic Alert Processing
        6.1.1 Email for alert was not sent

Kind regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for the information! Is Business Process Monitoring configuration required for Auto Alert processing ? We did not configure BPM yet...

Thanks,

Srini K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I guess you are talking about ALM in system monitoring.

if, have you defined your mail ids in 000 client so that mail will be sent to the mentioned ids.

kindly check it.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhashini,

I manitained 2 users in Notifcation Management in production client(010), should I create the same users in 000 client aswell? If so should i maintain them in Notification Management in 000? Can you please provide more clarity on this.... any document or help link will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Srini K