cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI to Web-Service failed messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the scenario in which the data is flowing from ECC to PI and from PI to OTM(Oracle Transport Management). In between PI and OTM we have a web-service. All the messages from PI has been processed successfully to a Web-Service PI. But the Receiver System (OTM) claims that they did not recieved the messages as the system is down.

My question is If the messages are successfully processed from PI to web-service, how to trace the failed messages after processed successfully from PI at Web-service?

I am using the SOAP adapter at the receiver side.

Thanks

LN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you checked your message status in RWB -> Message Monitoring -> Adapter engine?

Does it show up as successful there?

If so it is confirmed that the message has been successfully delivered to the end system. You might want to the advice the application system to check their logs.

Also reconfirm the URL that you are using within PI. At times it happens that we send the message to a dev system instead of a QA system etc and thus creating confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see all the messages are going successfully from PI, but the messages did not reached OTM which is receiver. Also the web-service we are using is perfect. Now is it possible to check the message between Web-Service and Target?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already mentioned before, Please check the endpoint or target URL which is specified in the soap receiver channel to make sure that your mesg goes to the right server. Also test the same URL outside PI using SOAPUI or some webservice client tool. I think you might be able to monitor using tcp gateway monitor

http://scn.sap.com/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-sc... 

one more link

http://ws.apache.org/commons/tcpmon/tcpmontutorial.html

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think it is a problem from PI end,once communication channel delivers messages to target system succesfully means then not possible to reprocess, you have trigger the message from sender system/Integration engine test tab manually have to execute one more.

Request your web sevice team to investigate where data loss happend / where messages strucked .

Best Regards,

Raj

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few cents...

> All the messages from PI has been processed successfully to a Web-Service PI. But the Receiver System (OTM) claims that they did not recieved the messages as the system is down.

Just to prove that whether webservice is down or up and running , do a test outside PI using soapui or xmlspy and test the message with the url you specified in pi. . If your message goes successful then we can see the other possible failures. If the webservice is down you will see system error messages and not successful messages. So I think your soap receiver might be using different endpoint URL that points to webservice which is running and messages are flowing over there (example: check whether you point to test instead of production endpoint URL)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi LN,

When target system down then your      SOAP receiver adapter thrwos error at communication channel level hence all the message goes to system error status.

Go to runtime work bench-->message monitoring---->adapter engine(over view) and disply the list of messages.

restart the failed messages once target system is up,all message  will process suceefuly.

Best Regards,

Raj