cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect SQL with MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is my first configuration of  MII, i just installed SAP MII 12.2 and i want to connect it with SQL Server  2008 R2, what is the procedure for doing this.

I would like somebody to help me.

Regards

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

You should look up data services or data servers in the help for the application.  There is a fairly good outline of what is needed to connect.  Once you have that outline fixed in your mind, I would also search back over the last couple of years so you can avoid some of the common driver installation and other errors I have seen posted herein. 

Use this tool for searching as those functions for the new SCN are still mostly inactive.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike

I deplyed the JDBC driver, do i have to create a data source in NWA? how can i do this? when i try to do it i need the datbase url, i do not know what it is.

Regards, Victor

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

There are two ways of doing it. One is creating a datasource in NWA. The other and rather easier way is to create a IDBC type connector in the data servers screen and provide the relevant connection details.

Thanks,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

I created the IDBC connector but it does not work, te configuration is this:

JDBC: com.inet.tds.TdsDriver

ServerURL: jdbc;inetdae:localhost:1433?database=namedatabase&sql7=true

user: the database user

pass: the data base pass

I am using sql server 2008 r2

Other thing that i tried is to create a DataSourceConnector but in the DataSource configurations: jdbc/

what is the thing that i have to write next, is the database name?

Regards, Victor

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

After jdbc/ you have to enter the Datasource name that was entered in the NWA -> Application resources.

Thanks,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i try to create the data source in NWA i have to specify the database URL, What is the database URL?

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes the database URL should look something like this - jdbc:sqlserver://<DBserver url>:<port>;database=<database name>.

It is the same as Server URL which is mentioned in one of your previous posts.

Thanks,

Suhas

Answers (0)