cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Techincal Monitoring area showing empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We configured the technical monitoring for one of my customers, earlier we used to connect all managed system through old solution Manager which is 7.0, Now while we changed the connections directly to new solman 7.1, slowly we stopped getting alerts and now the technical monitoring area showing nothing.

I created some of the customer specific templates, I thought may be because of the templates i am not getting alerts. I reset to default, But still i am not getting any alerts.

Please suggest how can i solve this.

Earlier our Solution Manager was on IPV6, which was not able to connect to IPV4 servers, so we changed this to IPV4 now.

Please suggest any check i need to do for alerts to be working fine.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you done the solman_setup again? and installed latest notes? patched the java part of solman to the latest?

follow the step stated by Nicolas here http://scn.sap.com/thread/2153149

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i did as per thread, still it is not showing any alerts, i configured all the managed systems, and if i go to system monitoring, i can see all the systems, but the alert inbox showing nothing.

I have 2 issues

in system monitoring, i see the alerts related to Host and Database are showing Gray, When i check the individual matrics, i am geting XML data provider error.

issues 2 is I cant see any alerts in Alert inbox even i can see some red alerts in Solution Monitoring...

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhansi,

Can you tell me what latest notes you are talking about?

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hej Madan,

On which SP are you?

BR,

Jolanta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check this Note 1633725 - SAP Solution Manager - Basic functions of 7.1 SP4

if you run the solman_setup, system itself guides you on this!!

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jolanta,

solman 7.1 SP4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI jhansi,

We implemented note and finished the Solmna_setup, Finished Managed system configuration and all of them are showing green this we did it in the month of feb. We used to get alert ealier. now we are not getting any, the alert inbox showing blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

run the managed system config again atleast for one system and check,

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did that for one server, even it is now showing any thing. All activities in managed system are showing green.

I saw a note with similar problme but it is not applicable to my patch level.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

In solman_setup->Technical monitoring -> system monitoring -> in 4. Define scope ,select the managed system and activate the monitoring.

Also in solman 7.1 CCMS monitoring handle by SMD agent, no need of CCMS agent for data collection.

Check the below wiki for more information.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Setup+System+Monitoring+and+Alerting.pdf...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/Home

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/System+Monitoring+-+How-to+Guides

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is solved by OSS guys by Scheduleing some back ground job and asking us to apply some note in satellite system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madan

Do you remember what job did you run and what note was suggested to you by SAP?

Thank you

Maria Valdes

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you need to specify which exactly options you setup previously and now.

There might be some confusion due to the naming of the tabs, the "old" type monitoring is available in "system monitoring" tab, while the "new" type monitoring is available in "technical monitoring" tab (just to make things easier... ).

If you want to use the "old" way - CCMS, RFC connections and so on, you should be able still to see the monitoring without too many changes.

The new monitoring requires SMD agents installation and configuring all the managed systems in solman_setup (watch out especially on LMDB settings).

Hope that will help a bit.

Best regards,

Jolanta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using technical Monitoring. SMD agents are installed and connections are workign fine.

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mentioned that the technical monitoring is showing nothing, by that you mean you don't have a system list, there are no alerts in the alert inbox? What exactly can you see when going to Technical monitoring -> system monitoring tab?

BR,

Jolanta