Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems mapping 2 messages into 1

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm facing a problem mapping 2 messages into 1.

I have a BPM that has 2 abstract messages. In a transformation step, i transform this two messages into one but when i check the IDOC that finally has arrived to R3 backend, the fields that belogns to one of the source messages doesn't appear.

In message mapping i select the two source messages and the target message and the same in interface mapping.

Because is a transformation step inside the BPM, i can't see in SXI_MONITOR what's happening.

any idea of what's happening?

Regards.

Inigo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Because is a transformation step inside the BPM, i can't see in SXI_MONITOR what's happening

You can do it. Use Michal's blog for ref.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I deleted the transformation step, created onece more and now works.

It seems that the first transformation step (the one wihout two messages) was still there so i try to delete and create again and works.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kool. sometimes it happens in this.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to view the transformation step checkout thru graphical view of the workflow which can be navigated thru sxmb_moni. also check if the source field is populated with the data that is pointed to the target. u can check this thru the payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not an error in the transformation step of BPM because the message would not have processed to R/3 backend.

I think the mapping is not done with the source fields to the Idoc,check your mapping or the source fields must be empty.

Regards,

Joslyn

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes joslyn u r abs right. the idea is to check in the payload the correcetness of the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inigo,

Though its in BPM u can where well test the transformation mapping

wht are the messages going in what is coming out

Check How to monitorcc BPM

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003141152005E/HowToMonitorccBPM.pdf

This PDF is very handy

Regards

Kavitha

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

take the payload(source) and test it in message mappin. see if the target struc is producing the field

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S