cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of copies(to sandbox single sys): Request/task can only be changed in client

Chris_Tan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was trying to perform a normal correction, when I click on Test Transport, it prompts the following error in the task list under transport of copies:

"Unable to transport into sandbox system. See System log."

Double click, look at transport of copies error:

Request/task  can only be changed in client

Message no. TK056

Diagnosis

Request/task  belonging to user  can only be edited in client  .

System Response

The function was terminated.

Procedure

Choose a request/task from your logon client for the function you are performing.

If you particularly want to edit request/task , log on in client  and edit request/task  there.

To transfer the request to the current client, proceed as follows:

1. 1. Go to the request overview.
  2. 2. Position the cursor on the request and choose
  3. Request/task
  4. ->
  5. Display/change
  6. .
  7. You are asked if you want to copy the request and all tasks belonging to it to the current client.
  8. 3. Answer "Yes".

9. The request is copied to the current client, and can then be edited as normal.

Note

For this procedure, you require the "Change source client" authorization contained in the SAP standard authorization S_CTS_TR_ALL.

You can copy only your own requests to another client.

In order to copy other users' requests, you first have to assign them to you.

You can reassign the request to you in another client only if the original client no longer exists (prerequisite: You want all client-specific entries to be deleted).

Any ideas? this is killing me brain which is quite new to solman

Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think you have to log on to the system with the owner of the request as user. If this does not exist, then you have to create it with S_CTS_TR_ALL authorizations at least.

regards, Javier

Chris_Tan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Thing is, I am using the same user across CHARM as a test. This  happens when I do transport to sandbox, just found out it happens when I try it on "Test transport" too, the transport of copies fails. between the two errors above, the first one I originally posted has reappeared.

My user across the landscape has sap_all and sap_new.

Chris_Tan
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried again, after configuring some stuff in /n/TMWFLOW/CONFIG_LOCK to show all the systems, I got a different error when trying to perform transport to sandbox.

You can no longer use this project (other system or client)

Message no. CTSPRJ066

Diagnosis

You cannot use CTS project  because it belongs to another client or to another SAP system (client  in system ).

System Response

The function terminates.

Tried both ways according to the note1290986