cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA integration with WebDynpro Fron-end?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Current Development: I have a WebDynpro User Interface, which allows user to insert data in a direct update DSO (version used BI 7.01). I have used standard function module for inserting data into Direct update DSO. DSO contains some parameters which are used many transformation routines for some calculation logic.

Problem Statement in HANA environment: How do I model above scenario in HANA? Requirement is to have some table like structure to keep some values which are used in transformations for some calculation logics? Can I develop a webdynpro user interface in HANA environment, which in trun inserts data in a table ?

Best Regards,

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

I think the WebDynpro application is Java code which writes to the BW object (in this case Direct updated DSO) using ABAP code.

This can surely be achieved with the same Java code invoking a DB procedure, which will perform the INSERT statements to the tables.

The input parameters from the WebDynpro application will be passed as input parameters to the Prodcedure and can perform the same activities.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI: Its all along ABAP code. WebDynpro is written in ABAP and for insert standard (SAP provided) function module is used that too written in ABAP.

Can I develop a WebDynpro application in BI server which is on HANA ?

I am able to do in in current BI7.01 which is not on HANA.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Can I develop a WebDynpro application in BI server which is on HANA ?

>I am able to do in in current BI7.01 which is not on HANA.

Yes you can write a Web Dynpro for your BW on HANA.  In fact your current Web Dynpro will most likely continue to work with BW on HANA. Nothing for Web Dynpro changes just because you are on HANA.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

First question, do you need to insert into TABLE in Standalone HANA or a DSO in BW on HANA. I think I got your requirement incorrect.

If you need to insert into BW on HANA, then nothing changes. You can still use the same Web Dynpro application and insert into the DSO.

But if you need to re-model this to Standalone HANA, where you need to insert into a user defined Table with some values which can be used in some business logic, then why use Web Dynpro. You can achieve the same with Procedures.

Regards,

Ravi

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mayank:

Since you will be running BW on HANA DB, there should be no limitations on BW interfacing. You should be fine after you upgrade your BW server to HANA DB. For external applicatioins and reporting tools the HANA DB for BW is transparent.

Let me know if you see any issues.

Regards,

Rama

0 Kudos

Hi mayank,

one more clarification needed here. Currently my SAP has version 7.5 on oracle DB. we are planning to migrate to BW on hana.

will my existing Webdynpro and WAD will work after migration without action needed ?

we have WAD with 7.X version.

Your prompt response and expertise is highly required here

0 Kudos

HI

rama.shankar3

one more clarification needed here. Currently my SAP has version 7.5 on oracle DB. we are planning to migrate to BW on hana.

will my existing Webdynpro and WAD will work after migration without action needed ?

we have WAD with 7.X version.

Your prompt response and expertise is highly required here

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mayank,

sorry for asking.

I have a similar requirement in which i should create a webdynpro as an User interface to enter data into a direct DSO.

Is there any document which describes a step by step solution?

Could you please help?

Thanks

Pat