Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Impact

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

here user are saying that the impact of their transport request is not come in first go, when they transport their request in 2nd time then they got the impact of that transport request on PRD system.

while there is not issue in Import Monitor against this request mean request is showing with OK sign.

h

would anyone guide me that why users are getting this issue?

how can i rectify to it?

help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Message was edited by: ma jamil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume your Imports default to "leave transport in Queue for additional import".

(That is one checkbox on the unconditional modes dialog)

Usefull when there might be need to feed additional clients when not using enhanced transport management.

First, you should add the Import result code to your display (That's in User-settings on the queue display menu).

I like to add the source client as well.

The yellow triangle does NOT show the result of the import but the status of the transport.

And the status means "transport ready to be (RE-)imported".

Hope this helps

Volker

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi volker,

thanks for reply,

leave transport in Queue for additional import

the above additional Import Option is not showing under Import Option while Leave Transport Request in Queue for Later Import is exist and checked under Import Transport Request --> Option Import

and there is only one client on PRD system

(That's in User-settings on the queue display menu).

where and how can I set this setting mean I have to set on DEV or PRD server and which tcode i will use?

one more happen i want to  discuss with u that is: landscape consist on three systems (DEV,QAS,PRD) and sometime when user import the transport on QAS then this request automatically imported on PRD.

why is this happening?

Regards

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

yes that is exactly the checkbox, that you need to uncheck to make the yellow triangle turning into a green hook after import. The other text shows up, when you hover the mouse over the yellow triangle.

The other thing (displaying the RC) is in the menu and only valid for the user doing it in the system the user is logged into, so you might need to redo it each system (may be even in each client?). I have no system available right now, but it should be in the Queue-Menu  like "Settings - personal settings -" or likewise. The box has four options to show additional information on the queue-screen.

An import to PRD when triggering an Import to QA should never ever happen.

I never heard that it does.

Do you use an additional 3rd parts transport tool?

Volker

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

the STMS was working fine but after system copy I am getting these issues and the DEV and QAS server is the copy of PRD server while I have performed Post installation steps of system copy guide.

I will check the setting which you mentioned above and tell you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamil,

Can you please tell the options selected to import a transport request by your user. Please check this link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25970

About your transports moving to PRD directly, check the path defined using T:Code--STMS_PATH

Regards
Sai

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which system is the TMS domain Controller?

May be when re-attaching the systems something went wrong?

Probably you should delete and reconfigure the entire TMS ?

As for the settings, these are mine:

Volker

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Volker,

I just reconfigured the STMS, please have look the STMS steps are OK. If not then please guide.

please find file from following link

STMS Configuration

Regards,

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks OK to me, as long as you really have distributed Transport directories.

Otherwise, if the systems share a common transport directory (like /usr/sap/trans via NFS)

you need to choose a single transport group (GROUP_DEV)

If you do not, files might be erased when the systems start to forward the files.

Volker

Answers (0)