Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To make Mandatory Field of Delivering Plant

former_member245533
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement for making Delivering field mandatory for some specific sales organization for sold-to and ship-to both which comes under sales data of customer.

In MDM, my sales data is tuple field and Delivering plant is Lookup [Flat].

I am not able to write a validation for this. Kindly suggest how can I achieve this requirement. this will be very helpful for me.

Thanks,

With Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Are Sales Org and Delivering Plant in same Tuple?

Do you have MDM WF in place?

What is mode of creation?Do you have a Sales Org extension scenario in place?

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member245533
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't understand MDM WF. I have sales data as a tuple. In this tuple, we have different fields as like customer pricing procedure, tax, account assigment group, shipping condition, delivering plant etc. Now in this tuple, i need to make delivering plant as mandatory field for selected sales area.

Can you suggest me how can I achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

I meant do you have SAP MDM workflows in place?

So if you have a Sales Tuple with Sales area and Delivering plant then you can write a conditional validation which can go like this:

IF(Sales Area.Record = "X" ,IF(IsNotNull(Delivering Plant.Record) = TRUE,TRUE,FALSE))

Try the above logic which checks If Sales area is X or all the cases for which Delivering Plant to be mandatory,If this is true it checks if Delivering Plant is Null or not.If Delivering Plant is not NULL then TRUE is returned otherwise FALSE is returned.If Sales area is of other values then no error is reported.

For multiple sales area value you can try OR operator,you can create multiple validations or use little different approach.Please mention how many values of Sales area come under such condition.

Please come back in case of any queries.

Thanks,

Ravi