Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The email is sent twice when I save the service desk message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Need you help to resolve below issue.

The email is sent twice when I save the service desk message though  condition is not defined for that action.

Solution manager version 7.0 Ehp1

Basis/Abap 701 level 07

BBPCRM     500 level 17

Automatic email should be sent based on below condition.

User status                    Email to Team

1.    To be approved                  Approve Team

2.    To be implemented            Implementation Team

3.    Implemented                    Requestor Team

But.....

1. When user status changed to "To be Approved" email is sent to "Approver Team" which is correct.

2. When user status changed to "To be implemented" email is sent to "Implementation team" and "Approver Team" which is not correct.

3. When user status changed to "Implemented" email is sent to "Requestor Team" as well as "Implementation Team" which is not correct.

Action definition and condition configuration is as per SAP standard. Only one mail should be sent based on defined condition.

Appreciate your help in this.

Thanks,

Umesh..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh

you need to go through the below link it covers how to create an action with conditions for emailing

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

what i have understood from your query is you dont have proper condition and action processing condition

understand the above blog and condition

like schedule condition shoudl when you want the email to get schedule and start when it will fire or send mail

hope it helps

regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks a lot for fast reply.

I have configured only start condition and there is no schedule condition for email.

This configuration is working for other teams like Check Team and Requester Team.

The only issue with approver team and implementation team, i will try to explain it again.

2. When user status changed to "To be implemented" email is sent to "Implementation team" and "Approver Team" which is not correc

---- > Here i have maintained start condition for this and whenever user status changed to "To be implemented" email should only go to implementation team and its working. But don't know how the email is going to Approver team also.

3. When user status changed to "Implemented" email is sent to "Requestor Team" as well as "Implementation Team" which is not correct.

----- > Same thing happening with this also. Email should only send to Requestor Team when status change. Its sending mail to requester team which is correct but also sending to implementation team. I have maintained start condition for Requestor team only.

Pls share me you mail id, i will send detailed config doc.

Thanks,

Umesh

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there might be various reasons

have you checked if there is no other action or previous existing action getting scheduled for email

you can goto transaction data of the ticket to check actions in the action tab

here you can see all the actions which got executed. just if there are not required action which are present and executed