cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incident management (customer access from our website) - SOLMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all;

I am in the process of configuring the incident management for our SOLMAN as a partner.

For us to be certified as a VAR (Value Added Reseller) partner we need to offer our customers a web access to our incident management (URL for incident management system (must have))

The issue which I am facing is that our customer is in the blueprint stage.

Should I create an s-user to our customer who is in the blueprint stage under our solman system (under our system), and give this s-user a customer authorizations so he can be able to create incident messages when he access our SOLMAN?

Another question:

When I create this incident management URL on our website, should I give the customer the same interface he gets when he runs the t-code "SOLMAN_WORKCENTER"

Best Regards

~Amal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amal

It is more of a consulting question rather than technical problem

you can decide the process you want to use at ur customer specific location and then decide as per the requiremeent what should be done.

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prakhar;

Thank you for your reply. Our customer is asking for the general way of doing this. it gave me a full control of this issue. This is why I am confused. If you would do it Prakhar how would you do it?

Best Regards

~Amal

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amal,

Again its a consulting question but let me help you what i cn here.

the best way is to do the blueprinting first for the customer requirement

so you need to understand the requirement in detail which they have right  now

like how many system how many users...how many end users support team strength

how many email ...at what status etc...

i mean go deep to understand thoroughly and later design the entire system for the above

otherwise you can enable web aces for al and later on come to know half of them dont need it

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prakhar;

The reason why I want to do this is that we are in the process of being certified as a VAR partner, and in order to be certified our PSA (Partner Service Adviser) asked us to provide this URL on our website for our customer.

At this point we only need it to pass the auditing for the VAR certification.

Later on we will do it in a proper way with all the things you mentioned in your last response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

We have configured VAR Service Desk in our Solution Manager system. We are able to login to incident management client with in our network by using this URL(http://hostname:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ags_workcenter?sap-client=200). We are unable to login to incident management client from outside of our network. How can our client creates a problem message by using this URL. How we have to confiure URL in the VAR Service Desk?

Thanks in advance.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good then its totally ur choice whichever link you want to add.

go ahead and add whatever you think is correct for customer specific scenario of urs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where we have to add this URL in customer's network or How we have to add this URL? Please let us know the procedure?.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Could you help us with this issue?

URL is working with in our network. We are not yet configured the remote connectivity to our customer systems. We have sent the information to SAP. If we have got the remote connectivity, then the client key users can raise the tickets by using this URL(

http://hostname:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ags_workcenter?sap-client=200)?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In addition check the note below

Note 1570071 - Custom URL for incident workcenter 'New' button

you can use the above or new message url only instead of entire workcenter but it is ofcourse based upon your requirement

hope it helps

regards

prakhar

Answers (0)