Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSTARTSRV Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm running SUM (software Update Manager) and I've got below error :

I download the latest Kernel from Service.sap.com and replace the Sapstartsrv. exe withe the new version, but still see the same error message, Could you please let me know , how should I get the latest patch level of SAPSTARTSRV and how should I deploy it, as the steps I took didn't work, apparently

Thanks

The detected sapstartsrv release is 7.20 and patch level is 46. In order SUM to be able to operate correctly, at least patch level 54 for this release is required. The sapstartsrv has to be updated manually before the process can continue. For more information,

see SAP Note 1656036.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mar V,

I recommend that you do not update only the sapstartsrv file, you should apply the whole new kernel instead.

Basically, you should create a new and empty folder, for example:

/sapmnt/SID/exe_new

Then, you uncompress the latest SAPEXE, SAPEXEDB and DW packages (in this order) to the "exe_new" folder.

After that, you rename the current kernel folder to "old" (for example, from "/sapmnt/SID/exe" to "/sapmnt/SID/exe_old"), rename the "exe_new" folder to the correct name, and restart the SAP so it updates the kernel.

These steps could slightly vary, you can refer to the SAP note 19466 for more details.

Regards,

Isaias