cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of Outbound line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is it possible to do the reversal for line item.User trying to create reversal for the whole document.I have tried creating Return order and return delivery type but it is asking for Order number.When i enter the order nos  -

No delivery-relevant items in order 2000100091, order type ZOR.

This is due to no schedule line coz its alreayd being PGI. but i want to do the return with reference to outbound delivery thr line item.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Shri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, did you use the VL09 ?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..but its for whole document not for line item

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, that is correct.

run 0VLP for your item category (which belongs to your ZOR)

and make sure it has J in 'Document cat.' fields

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create return delivery using delivery type LR but it is asking for order ref..i hav change in delivery type as no preceeding docu required.

I need to create the return delivery with reference to my original delivery order which wil copy and i can do the PGI .

tried but stuck..

Kindly advice.

Thanks

Shri..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PGI creates an single accounting entry for the whole document.It may not be possible to do line item wise.You have to reverse in VL09 delete the required line item and do PGI again.

Thanks

Prasad

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, in 0VLK for your delivery type there is a settings "Order required" (and also the default ord.type)

but

if you did set "No preceding documents required" how you can ask the system "to create the return delivery with the refernece to my original delivery order.."  -

you did turn OFF the reference but still want this reference ?

to be honest i don't understand your requirements.

please explain again.

regards,

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can do the return delivery with reference  return order , but return order is all ready done PGI, But return delivery it done PGR, why it will it come PGI.

your process is returns , so when you create the return order with reference invoice , it creating the order , when its creating the order you do the delivery , is right, after user trying to reverse the whole delivery not for only one item , it is standed behavior , once you can do the reverse the whole document , then you can do the how meany line items can delivered ,

return delivery with reference to only order can do , all ready delivery completed system sows that type of error message its come , so do the reverse the return delivery , and can do the which line item can delivery , another line item after you can do livery .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PPIO,

I want to create return delivery with reference to delivery document and not with sales order nos.

Thanks

Shri..

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, it is not possible in standard (as far as i know)

regards,

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe the case is that you have done a Delivery with Multiple line Items & noe you want to take Returns for one if the LIne Items in Delivery.

Firstly, is it actually a Returns (returns from customer) case or you have created Delivery for additional Item by mistake & now want to reverse Goods Movement for that extra item?

If you have created the Delivery of additional Item by mistake then, you will have to run T-Code VL09 & reverse the entrie Delivery & create a new Delivery with required Line Items.

If the case is of actual Returns from Customer, then create Invoice for Original Deliery & then create Returns Order with Reference to Invoice. In this Returns remove the Line Item that are not returned & only have one Line Item which is returned. Now create Delivery for this Returns & subsequently issue a Credit Memo.

Hope this heps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh Bhai,

My client is into Service...they delivery 10 items and aft specific period they get return only 5 so user cannot create the entire delivery doucment ....he needs to do only partial to take the stock in his yard location.

So user wants to return only line item

Thanks

Shri..

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If your client is into Service, then why do you create Delivery? Because Service Items are not relevant for Deliveries.

Anyways even if you are creating Deliveriesm then follow my second suggestion. Close the Original Transaction first with Invoice for the Delivery Document.

Then create Returns Order with reference to Invoice & select the required LIne Items & subsequently do Returns Delivery & Credit Memo.

Also the case of your error -

No delivery-relevant items in order 2000100091, order type ZOR.

may be Item Category Determination for Returns Order. Check which Item Category is Determined in your Returns Sales Order & then check in VOV7 whether that Item Category is Marked as Relevant for Delivery.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Yes i have tried doing tat its working..i am following the standard return process but the user does not want to create the Sales return order.

Thats why i ask u whether i can create return delivery with reference to outbound delivery rather than sales order coz creation of sales return is additional transaction for user which they dont want to do.

The reason for creating delivery is to update the stock wheterh is at customer site or return repair.

Thanks

shri..

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think that will be possible. You cannot cretae Returns Delivery with reference to Original delivery.

You will have to crete Returns Ortder. Please inform your client that this is not possible in SAP Standard & also from point of view of Control this is required.

Also in 0VLK in order Reference there is no option to create Delivery with reference to a Delivery.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in main process of delivery document to delivery document is not supported , VTLL,

you not creating the return delivery document with reference to original delivery it is not supported , your process , delivery creation with reference to sale order , only

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in main process of delivery document to delivery document is not supported , VTLL,

you not creating the return delivery document with reference to original delivery it is not supported , your process , delivery creation with reference to sale order , only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not reverse your process.

Instead of additional effort on creating delivery, you can have below process.

You have a return sales order created with reference to your original delivery invoice/SO. You can select 5 items out of 10 items through "Item selection" icon.

You can do your setting to have the Return Outbound created immediately when return sales order is saved. (VOV8 - Immediate delivery indicator)

Here user save the effort creating return delivery.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Actually creating return delivery with reference to delivery is not possible. But please check the below link it may helps you in that situation.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2088483 

Thanks

Prasad