cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in upgrade to SM 7.1

0 Kudos

We are upgrading from SM 7.01 on Windows 2008 and Oracle 11.3 to SM 7.1. We are in the Extraction phase, and we get an error when SOLMANUP tries to extract the Oracle Client. We have downloaded the Oracle Client 11.2 DVD (51038966), as we are already working with this Oracle version, but it appears as if the upgrade program is looking for the Oracle Client 10.2, as in the CAR.ECO log file the error is:

SAPCAR: error opening H:\INSTALL_SM_71\Oracle_Client_112\51038966\OCL_WINDOWS_X86_64\OCL10264.SAR (error 6). The system cannot find the file specified.

We are using SOLMANUP 40, and we do not know if the problem could be related to the SOLMANUP tool, or to the upgrade DVDs that we have downloaded. We would aprreciate any help from you.

Best regards,

Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have downloaded the Oracle 10.2, even though I am already using Oracle 11.2 with our current Solution Manager version. I have repeated the phase, and it pass. I hope it will not be a problem in future stpes.

Thank you for your help,

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you sure that OCL10264.SAR is inside the H:\INSTATLL...

manually check the file is there?

might be your stack is not loaded properly.

do check the sap note Note 1577909 - Additional information about Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 for the DVD list for download

Thanks

Jansi