cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry - Incompletion log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Anyone has clue regarding the in-completion log while processing Inquiry.

I get the option of  either saving directly or editing and completing the in-completion log.

If I click on Incompletion log to complete the document it asks for info as below.

SHIPPING INTRUTION.

When clicked on on above to complete, it dosnt takes me to screen where I need to fill in the infomation.

Replies will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If you haven't given any screen name at in completion log,system won't take you to the relevant screen.So give screen no and try.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I bet this is some kind of a custom requirement that is enforced via a user exit. It's possible that 'Shipping instructions' is just a text or a custom field. Check the texts and 'Additional data B' tab or just ask someone locally who is more familiar with the process in this particular organization.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena,

Good post!

Could you please give business examples of where "Shipping Instructions" can be used in sales documents (e.g. inquiry, quotation, sales order)?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T T wrote:

Could you please give business examples of where "Shipping Instructions" can be used in sales documents (e.g. inquiry, quotation, sales order)?

We have just designated one of the texts as 'Shipping instructions' (might actually be a standard one, I don't remember) and it is copied from sales order to delivery document. It's used to communicate the customer's shipping instructions (free form text) to the shipping department. It's also printed on the order and delivery output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abhishek,,

That`s your responsibility to tell the system where the " shipping instruction' field available in inquiry document. so while you create in completion procedure only you have to navigate the system to find particular field in the document, you can full fill this requirement with " screen for creating missing data" row in OVA2.

So please assign the screen name to particular (shipping instruction ) line item.

If you want further clarification , please let me know.

Regards

Patchala.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

As I know little about SD and not much about MM, please read below comments -

I searched in google "Shipping Instructions" is filled in Purchase Order and it is extracted from MMR, Tab Purchasing. Thus a part of MM

Please observe why you are getting this incompletion message in your Inquiry (in SD processes). It is not needed or relevant. Moreover the "system not able to find the field in Inquiry" could be understood, there is no field like "Shipping Instructions" in inquiry (SD process).

Check this link -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1315719

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are working in Sandbox (test system) then unassign the incompletion procedure from your Sales document type (IN) and your item cateogry (AFN) in VUA2. This shall "solve" your issue.

The reason why system is not taking you to the field that is incomplete is because in the incompletion procedure one has to maintain field "Scr". This instructs the system to go to a particular field when a particular information is missing.

Incompletion log configuration path -

IMG>SD>Basic Function>Log of Incomplete items