cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Period

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I define the plan period in the financial planning screens?

Thanks

Vasanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

The preference for dates of financial planning is as per the dates below:

1) Actual Dates of portfolio item

2) Planning Dates of portfolio item

3) Forecast Dates of portfolio item

4) Financial Planning dates of assigned bucket

If the particular date is not available, the preference will be given to the next dates as per above sequence.

Cheers

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit that helps.. I was trying to get to understand the columns "Total for Plan period" - Even if I set the period displayed to a particular selection (a year, month range etc) in the selection, the total for plan period does not refelct the actual total for the period displayed in the selection in the Financial planning screens. Ideally we want to get the totals for the actual period displayed in the above said selection is this possible?

regards

Vasanth

sarah_kim
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Amit - do you know if there is any way to override the usage of item dates, even if they are there?  There was an BAdi implementation in 4.5 to use the item dates but now is it standard as part of 5.0.  We are only looking to use the dates from the bucket even if there are item dates present.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sarah

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vasanth;

You can totalize all the amounts displayed in financial planning setting the Amount Type "Budget" in Financial Planning configuration.

Tell me if you can interested.

Best regards.

Mariano

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have override these dates ( using by default  item plan dates).

In this class/interface : /RPM/CL_PLANNING_SERVICES we have created the enhancement.

Regards,

Sara

sarah_kim
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sara!  Can you give more info on what method you used?  What we're trying to do is set the plan period dates to the dates coming from the bucket.  I'm having a developer look into it and he doesn't see anything that jumps out.

Thanks!

sarah

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I am not wrong I think we have developed in this method GET_PLAN_INFO.

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You would not need any methods to define the financial planning screen dates. These dates are picked up from the Planned start and Finish dates in the initiative overview screen.

regards

NK

sarah_kim
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are trying to OVERRIDE the use of the item dates for the financial planning periods.  We simply want to use the dates that are set on the bucket.  It seems that if you have item dates (planned, forecasted, or actual), the planning period dates are set from these and not the dates at the bucket level.  We do not want to use the item planned, forecasted, or actual dates...is there a way to turn this off??

Thanks in advance!

Answers (0)