cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comp to Comp navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls help me how to navigate Comp1-> view1 from Comp2 ->view2.

Comp1->View1 having input box with button, once user clicks on it should navigate to Comp2->View2 and display View1 data with a button to go back to Comp1->View1 once user clicks on.

I am working on CE7.2. I have tried to create outbound plug to InterfaceView but getting error-

Controller 'Comp1Window': Implementation error: Missing outbound plug 'toOut' from interface view 'Comp1InterfaceView' of interface 'Comp1Interface'

Highly appreciated your help on this.

-Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
check that error in problem view.
right click it , choose quick fix in the popup menu.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun, the error showing in Windows, and couldn't find option to quick fix. Is the option available in CE7.2, sp4

Do advice is there are any alternative method to execute view in another component by using events or methods. I am not familier with wdj, appreciate your ideas on this.

Thanks in advance.

-Ian

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
problem view of eclipse, not web dynpro view.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Error fixed now but I cudn't able to establish navigation between two components.

As per my requirement, comp1 -> view1 having ui elements with button, and declared action to button. Created Outbound plug to Interface View, and public part to access this comp from comp2.

In comp2, added as comp1 as used component, and mapped comp2 component controller with comp1 interface controller. In comp2 window, linked between outboutplug of comp1interfaceview with comp2->view2.

I have created application to comp2, while running application comp1 -> view1 is displaying as I expected but once user clicks on button, comp2 -> view2 not displaying.

I believe somehow I missed to write action handler, not sure where to write. I gone thru some of sap docs but failed to implement.

Appreciate your help on this, treat it as an urgent.

-Ian

Message was edited by: Ian B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Did you try searching for WD Component Interface Definition ?

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said I have gone thru some of the sap stad. docs but I could not find the solution and more over I am new this area that might be a reason. If anyone knows exact steps do suggest to achieve my requirement.

Thanks in advance,

-Ian

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post your button action handler code

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created outbound plug to view1 ex. Comp1_View1_Out, and in button action I wrote --

public void onActionGo(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent )

{

//@@begin onActionGo(ServerEvent)

wdThis.wdFirePlugComp1_View1_Out();  

//@@end

}

when I run the application by click on the button above code giving error -

500   Internal Server ErrorSAP NetWeaver Application Server/Java AS

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Cannot navigate via outbound plug Comp1_View1_Out of view Comp1View because there is no navigational link attached to it

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.window.ViewController.doOrdinaryNavigation(ViewController.java:427)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.window.ViewController.navigate(ViewController.java:409)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.window.ViewController.navigate(ViewController.java:341)

at com.sap.demo.wd1.wd.comp.comp1.wdp.InternalComp1View.wdFirePlugComp1_View1_Out(InternalComp1View.java:284)

at com.sap.demo.wd1.wd.comp.comp1.Comp1View.onActionGo(Comp1View.java:187)

... 57 more

Thanks in advance,

-Ian

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that`s the thing - you fire a view plug, but should fire a interface view plug. You have to add Comp1Window as required controller in Comp1View and in the handler put

wdThis.wdGetComp1WindowController().wdFirePlugToComp2();

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect...it is working..

What I understood is, as I am excuting Comp1 from other component (here Comp2), must be used Window controller...Correct me if I am wrong..

Thanks for your timely help.

-Ian

Answers (0)