cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic population of Payment Terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP SD Gurus,

We want to populate payment terms automatically for each line item in the order as the payment terms differ from item to item. Practically, it is not possible to enter manually as there are 200 line items in a order on an average.

There is no payment terms field in Customer material information record. Please suggest a method how to meet this requirments. Points will be awarded.

Regards,

Senthil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can maintain the terms of payment in Customer master. THe Terms of payment maintained in Sales area data is picked in the Sales Order & the terms of payment maintained in Company Code Data is for FI reporting purpose.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Rauno
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Solution of Sree sounds nice.

Other possibility is using User exit MV45AFZZ , Form userexit_move_field_to_vbkd. Here you can programm your own abap logic for the determination of payment terms.

Regards

Rauno

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u will try this condition type SKTO & SKTV in pricing procedure.while creating the sales order the Payment Terms from customer master automatically moves to the sales order.

not maintain access sequence.

reward point it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can default payment terms for each line item using Pricing condition.

Create a condition using access sequence by sales area/material. Lets say for this sales area and material the following payment terms must be populated. Hope this will solve your problem.

We have a similar problem which we need payment terms defaulted depending on the shipping conditions of customer. We have different payment terms for different shipping conditions. We used sales area/shipping conditions and sales area/shipping conditions/customer as access sequences in the pricing condition type to solve this problem and it worked fine.

Just you have to create a condition type for payment terms for example ZPAY and create access sequence as I mentioned above.

Sree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Condition record is maintained through VK11. How to bring payment terms as "condition value" for the condition record. for eg: created access sequence (Customer / Material ) and attached it to a condition type (ZPAY).

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just mainatin the Payment terms in your condition record with respect to your material.

Please note that payment terms field is there in the condition record.

Please award points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

As per your guidance, I have created condition type and attached access sequence. The next step is to create condition records for this condition type. In VK11, we can maintain amount/discount/tax code for the given access sequence. How to enter the "Payment terms" for the condition record.

Regards,

Senthil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Sorry for giving a very late reply..

Create the condition records using transaction VK11

Select your condition type (ZPAY or which ever u created)

Then when you select the keycombination and hit enter

You can actually enter the payment terms in the create conditon screen.

I cant actually paste the screen here..it is not allowing me to paste.

if u are still not clear, send me an e-mail to sreesap2002@yahoo.com.

will send the screen shot..

regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u will try this condition type <b>SKTO & SKTV</b> in pricing procedure.while creating the sales order the Payment Terms from customer master automatically moves to the sales order.

reward point it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u will try this condition type SKTO & SKTV in pricing procedure.while creating the sales order the Payment Terms from customer master automatically moves to the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most of the cases payment terms remains same for a customer for all items. In your case you can split invoice for items based on their payment terms.

You can do it by different method also. i.e. by creating a new field in VA01 at item leve next to Qty.

ex. sl.no. product Qty Incoterm etc.

And split invoice based on incoterms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Terms of payment are automatically picked from customer master.

Regards

Karan