cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log review report workflow forward notification agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone created a notification agent for forward task? We have a situation where standard workflow has approver and requestor agents

available. User forwards item to another user. Forward notification agent should be receiver. How to achieve this?

We could use a function module based notification agent but the logic of function module is not well understood.

Anyone happen to have ABAP logic for FM to share? Or other solution alternative?

Thanx in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarmo,

There is a default forward notification event in notification settings, have you tried using it ?

Goto Maintain Paths--> Select Stage-->Notification Settings-->Create-->Notification Agent = FORWARD

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. But as I have described for forward only possible agents are Requestor and Approver.

Furthermore SAP does not have templates for forward and return actions. I have created both to be used on FireFighter Log Report workflow. Only missing part is having notification agent for the user controller is forwarding a request for addtional information.

BRG Jarmo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarmo,

Log review goes to Controller, who inturn forwards the request to another User or requestor with return option for more info. Is this how ?

How about using the customized template with agent as approver ? I have tried this and works, email is sent to forwarded user.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

Have done that in SP06 and SP07. Both works well. In SP08 return ok but forward not sending notificationto  user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarmo,

What I have noticed is that, say User1 & User 2 are approvers for the stage. If User1 forwards the request to User2, no notification is sent. If User1 forwards to any other user, notification is sent. Am on SP8.

If its not sending notification, check with SAP.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asked from SAP. Waiting for reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarmo,

Did SAP ever reply to your message?

Thx,

Heraleen