cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downward-compatible KERNEL when incorrect entries in decimal fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem executing a migration program in background: error message 'Input must be in the format ___#___#__~V' saying there would be incorrect entries in decimal fields

I found a OSS note (949898) exactly to this error and it recomends to download downward-compatible kernel (see below).

The OSS note is new (07.01.07) and also says the the error only occuts, when executing the program in background. That's also my case: online the migration program works fine.

I just would like to understand some basis issues:

1. The migration program with this migration file worked fine for weeks and I have no idea, why from yesterday on we have this error. We have no new kernel...Can the kernel say 'NO' from one day to the other?

2. The problem is only in DEV system. When I execute the file in background in QA, we have no problem. Do DEV and QA system have different Kernel?

This is not so logic to me, but this OSS note is the only one I found and as I stated it has exactly the same error message and description (error only in background execution).

Could someone explain?

Thanks

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 949898 - Messages about incorrect entries in decimal fields

Summary

Symptom

Error messages are issued about incorrect entries in decimal fields (for example, error message 00 088 'Input must be in the format ___#___#__~V), particularly when you start jobs for the background processing.

Reason and Prerequisites

This problem is caused by an error in the SAP kernel. Under certain circumstances, the user-dependent decimal format for the system user SAPSYS is not set correctly.

Solution

The SAP kernel must be corrected.

Release 700: Patch level 060 or higher

Release 64x: downward-compatible 640 kernel with patch level 130 or higher.

Release 46x: downward-compatible 46D kernel with patch level 2244 or higher.

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer

Released on: 08.01.2007 10:33:40

Priority: Correction with medium priority

Category: Program error

Primary Component: BC-ABA-SC UI services, screen, batch input

Secondary Components: BC-CCM-BTC Background Processing