SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating Curr.diff.amt while automatic creation of Budget billing plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to update the current difference amount for the new payment plan that will be created automatically during the invoicing of true-up month (12th month).  As of now it is set to 0.  But I need to  update the debit balance from the prvious BB period.

can any one help me on this...

Regards,

Murugan Arumugam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murugan,

based on the settings at the contract level the balance carry forward amount will get settled.

If you select 1 the balance will not get released and will be forwarded to the next BB cycle if not it will get settled at the end of every BB cycle.

thanks,

VR

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murugan,

based on the settings at the contract level the balance carry forward amount will get settled.

If you select 1 the balance will not get released and will be forwarded to the next BB cycle if not it will get settled at the end of every BB cycle.

thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram.  Thanks for your input.   Really this helps me a lot  to move next step in this requirement.   As per  my requirement the payment plan setting for the contract will be  not equal to 1. (release the debit / credit ) .  But for some  specific scenario the debit balance should not be released and it should  be forwarded to next BB billing plan.    Plesae help me on this.  Thank you.

0 Kudos

HI Murugan,

If you set this at contract level to not release then automatically it will be carried over to the next BBP cycle.

thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your update.  Yes if we set this at contract level then it will automatically carried over  to the next BBP cycle.  But my requirement is not for all the cases.  the Balance forward amount should be carried over to the next BBP cycle only for certiain speicific condition.

Example case :

If the balance forward amount is more than the average consumption  amount for the current period.  Please help me on this.  thanks.

Regards,

Murugan Arumugam.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You have the option to use specific program (ABAP) logic in FI-CA Event R922.

See the documentation for this Event via transaction FQEVENTS.

You are able to trigger your own ABAP logic in Budget Billing Create, Change or Delete mode.

Therefore you will have to create a funcitonal specification for a developer to code the logic .

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor M.