cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of MAM30 Patch 1 failed in SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I try to deploy the sda file XMAM30_3.000301.sda for MAM30 Patch 1 I get this error:

Starting Deployment of XAP-MBA-MAM-LPT

Aborted: development component 'XAP-MBA-MAM-LPT'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'150.20070202191543.0000'/'0':

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/XAP-MBA-MAM-LPT.. Reason: Error while getting container files from EAR E:\usr\sap\CB3\DVEBMGS13\j2ee\cluster\server0\.\temp\deploy\work\deploying\XAP-MBA-MAM-LPT.ear in operation update with application sap.com/XAP-MBA-MAM-LPT.; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Error while getting container files from EAR E:\usr\sap\CB3\DVEBMGS13\j2ee\cluster\server0\.\temp\deploy\work\deploying\XAP-MBA-MAM-LPT.ear in operation update with application sap.com/XAP-MBA-MAM-LPT.

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment of XAP-MBA-MAM-LPT finished with Error (Duration 3859 ms)

What does this error mean? When I make the sda file myself ( based on the zip file included ) with the mobile archive convertor in NetWeaver Mobile Administrator and then deploy I get no error.

Kind regards,

jeroen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes this is a known problem. Basically there is a missconfiguration in the MCD of the SDA. To be short, I suggest you take the Zip file containing the update and use the archive converter tool to convert it to an SDA. Afterward it will upload flawlessly.

You should change the install directory in the manifest file of the zip to install to your MAM30 folder.

Finally, you shuold not upload the patch, but the complete version since merepmeta and listdef.xml have change. Otherwise, some fix won't be fixed.

Thank you,

Julien.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Effectively, if you apply the patch, the new meRepMetaData.xml will overwrite the old one. However, this file is only used when MAM is initialized (the first time). It creates the structure for the persistence DB on the MI client.

Now, with the patch, the SyncBo's were changed, and so in order to adjust the DB structure to this, you will need to go in MI home --> Settings and click "Reset Client". This will effectively drop the local persistence (Mi client DB). When you restart MI, the patch will be applied and the DB will be of the right structure.

Hope this helped!

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the info, I looked on the market place but found only:

MAMLAPTOP3003_0-20001490.zip SAP MOBILE ASSET MANAGEMENT 3.0 SR 03 (Laptop) 0 Info 27658 29.11.2006

MAMLAPTOP3003P_1-20001490.zip Patch for SAP MOBILE ASSET MANAGEMENT 3.0 SR 03 (Laptop) 1 Info 3024 02.02.2007

I don't see a 'complete' package because the patch is only 3MB and the SR3 download 27MB.

But if I look into XMAM30_3.000301.zip I see a new meRepMeta.xml (for instance MAM30_010 is now before MAM30_001).... So I think this will work ?

Rgds,

jeroen

Message was edited by:

Jeroen Verbrugge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What do you mean by:

Finally, you shuold not upload the patch, but the complete version since merepmeta and listdef.xml have change. Otherwise, some fix won't be fixed.

Note 1024148 - How to deploy a patch for xApp Mobile Asset Management 3.0 or 1018248 - SAP xApp Mobile Asset Management SR3 PL01 does not describe things like this. It also says:

You will find that it contains 4 additional zip files. Extract each of these zip files. Each of them in turn contain the following:

• [patch name].zip: actual patch file to be deployed to mobile clients with Mobile Infrastructure versions 2.5 SP17 or below.

• [patch name].sda: actual patch file to be deployed to mobile clients with Mobile Infrastructure versions 2.5 SP18 and above, or 7.0 SP09 and above.

• [patch name]_src.zip: source code with changes from PL0.

• SyncBO.zip: syncBO definitions with changes from PL0(to be applied to the middleware)

And :

Uploading to the Mobile Administrator (Administrator) - For MI 7

You must upload MAM*.sda if you are using Mobile Asset Management.

8. Connect to the SDM server via the Software Deployment Manager GUI.

9. Choose the .sda files that you want to upload onto the server.

10. Click on the "Deploy" button.

I don't understand why SAP ships an .sda file if it can't be used... I didn't change anything for the standard XMAM30 SR3 installation so I supposed I could apply this path with the same ease...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I mean that the patch is a delta. To make change in ListDef.xml and merepMeta.xml take effect in MAM, you need to redeploy the complete application, not only a the patch. The patch can be used, but it won't fix everthing as I said.

You should go back to SAP Market Place to get the full patch build which I think was uploaded in the beginning of the week.

I hope this helps

Julien.