cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Procurement Classic vs External Staffing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am tryihng to determine the best possible option for service procurement for our requirements.

I understand service procurement classic enables service hierarchies to be integrated with SRM. External staffing does not support this. However we could use service procurement classic for services of non-hierarchical nature, for e.g. requesting external staff.

What are distinguishing features in classic vs external staffing?

We're on classic scenario and as i understand, external staffing can be implemented with external staffing with supplier enablement through SUS-MM scenario, please correct if wrong.

Regards

A M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For External Staffing, yes SUS can be implemented but it's not must; external staffing starts when request is send to Supplier.

External Staffing is created only if there is source of supply for requested service.

In a way Sourcing is not done in External Staffing; where as Service Procurement is used for the same.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A M,

The distinguishing feature of External Staffing is only the process which has to be followed.

1. A shopping cart has to be created for External Staffing Requirement with a designated transaction type. In the shopping cart source of supply has to be predefined.

2. After the approval of the shopping cart, RFx will be created automatically (default implementation with the "BADI BBP_BID_DET_PROCTYPE" which is by default active, The shopping cart transaction type is linked to the RFx Transaction type).

3. Bid submitted to a single vendor for which the bidder will respond his consent with price (if price is already entered in the shopping cart then only consent is enough).

4. If bid response is accepted, PO will be created a follow on document (may be classic or extended classic scenario).

5. The supplier collaborative environment can be configured through SUS system if required.

With Regards,

Malay

Answers (0)