cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSI report billing net value error

shakeer_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

When i run MCSI report, for one billing document, i am getting incorrect values, Billing document has 2 line items with 2 different materials , MCSI report is displaying only the net value of 2nd line item material not the first one, both the materials have statistical indicator available in material master record, both the materials have same item category, kindly suggest why MCSI report is not displaying the net value for 1st line item.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

shakeer_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena 

shakeer_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Jelena,

we have tested for the same material in testing server and the results were perfectly fine, then we tried creating another  invoice with same 2 line items in production and this time MCSI report displayed correct values, there were no changes made to the configuration or to the material, as of now the issue is resolved, but can you through some light why the system behave like this.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If something does not work and then just starts working then it usually means that something was changed in between. Configuration and master data changes have no immediate effect on the existing documents. So if they were changed after the document was created then you'd see such effect.

To see if this is the case, you can try to "refresh" SIS for old documents by running OLI9 or similar transaction (depending on what documents you're updating). Make sure to check 'Redetermine group' and 'Update documents' checkboxes.

Another place is to check is update termination (SM13). If you have asynchronous update the SIS is update in its own "stream". But in this case I believe MCVV would show that SIS was updated yet SIS wouldn't be updated.

Overall SIS works mysterious ways, so if this is not a recurring issue then I wouldn't spend much time on this.

shakeer_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

i have checked mcvv it is updating my infostructure but only with second line item for the first line item it is not updating the infostructure, i have checked material master for first line item material it is statistical indicator is set for that, kindly advice how to proceed further with analysis

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general, when you have two similar things and one is working and the other is not, it's a good idea to check for the differences. Do these lines have different item category?

If yes, are there other documents with the same item category and the same issue? If yes, then it's most likely an update configuration issue. Chec config in SPRO.

If not, then it would be a rather odd problem. Maybe there is a requirement/formula in the update (MC26)? Also check if indicator in material master might have been changed after the document was created.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could be 1001 reason. Start with MCVV transaction for the invoice to see how SIS structures are updated. Also search the forum.