Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SUP + Afaria) Clarifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mobile users,

We are evaluating the possibility of implement  SUP + Afaria in our company,

with the purpose to use some SAP pre build application from the market and with the optical of developing our own application molded to our business logic.

I've been reading alot of documentation regarding this topic but there’s some questions that I have some doubts, so I’m asking for your help.

1- With SUP and Afaria, what do we use in SUP to develop our own applications?

2- The apps that we will develop in sup, will run in both android and IOS without any more develop or do we have to do native applications connected to SUP.

3- with the latest SUP release 2.1 we don't need to use netweaver mobile?

4- can we connect a sup Application at the same time to a SAP system and a Non-SAP system.

I know this are kinda generic question,

but if someone could help, we need to decide if we GO our NO GO

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Nuno Lopes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamBilasYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

Please find my response below.

• Sybase Unwired Workspace is used to develop our own Hybrid container based apps. For native apps there will be combination of SUP and respective native development tools like XCode, Eclipse (for Android/BB), Visual Studio.

2- The apps that we will develop in sup, will run in both android and IOS without any more develop or do we have to do native applications connected to SUP.

• Applications developed using Hybrid containers can run on Android/IOS/BB/Windows Mobile without modification. Native apps route involves individual development for each of the device platforms.

3- with the latest SUP release 2.1 we don't need to use netweaver mobile?

• Not fully true. If access to back-end system is thru DOE, then probably SAP Mobile will be still required. One can access backend SAP systems thru various other options like Webservices, RFC calls, OData (needs SAP Gateway server).

4- can we connect a sup Application at the same time to a SAP system and a Non-SAP system.

• Yes, an SUP application can use multiple sources (SAP / non-SAP). Multiple MBOs can be created and consumed in an SUP App. However each MBO can access only one source.

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarifications Ram.

Best Regards,

Nuno Lopes

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

Adding to what Ram said.

You could use the ODP(Online Data Proxy)(Codename:SUPLite) to develop your own applications. ODP provides you features to access both the SCC as well as Afaria and is available for both iOS and Android as well as Blackberry. To learn more about ODP you could start here.

Best Regards,

Sujith

Answers (0)