cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoice

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to activate POD , because I' m receving it from my logistic outsourcer.

But some of my customers wants to be invoiced as soon as possible, when POD is not yet avaialble.

Could I invoice my customers before receiving POD from my logistic outsourcer.? I should do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

POD can be activated per customer.

If some customers donot want POD functionality then simple do not activate POD functionality for those customers. Activate POD for the customer who agree for POD based process (i.e. billing)

(XD02, button Sales Area Data, Tab Shipping, field Revelant for POD)

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to use POD for my customer, but I don't want to make invoices from POD. I need POD in my system but I want to make invoices when goods go out from my warehouse

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please explain with process steps. In them make clear what you mean by "I need POD in my system"

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Silvana,

Please look at this POD and if you need still more information, I will certainly do it for you.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27487

Regards,

Sridhar.

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

In the link about POD I read that " Proof of delivery is the confirmation sent by the Ship to party upon the reciept of goods. Once you configure the POD in your system, means it wont let you

create the billing unless you have confirmatiion of POD".

But I want to bill my customers unless I have confirmation of POD, and I also want to receive POD in my system in order to generate credit notes.. How should i do?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"I also want to receive POD in my system in order to generate credit notes.."

In standard SAP credit memos can ONLY be created with reference to billing documents or with reference to Credit memo request (CR sales document type).

If you want to create credit memos before creating billing document (F2), then go for sales order > credit memo request.

Option 1:

Here in VFAA CR <-- OR, in item category have a custom routine which checks for the "receipt" of POD for that delivery of that sales order, in field Copy requirement.

Option 2: Easier one:

credit memo request > release billing block > credit memo

There is a billing block which has to be released before the creation of credit memo. At that moment the staff check if POD has been received against that sales order.

when POD has not been received, the staff can set a reason for rejection. Thus for that credit memo request, a credit memo can not be created.

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Silvanna,

If POD is not there, YES you can create invoice immediately. If you also need in seting up POD please let me know as no one has given right procedure for POD here, sorry to say...!

Regards,

Sridhar.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar,

Please describe the process with POD, for both scenarios -

1. when PGI quantity = Confirmed received quantity,

2. when PGI quantity not = Confirmed received quantity

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TT,

I can address your curiosity in only a new thread, as this thread belongs to Silvana and let me be focused to him as far as this thread concerns.

Regards,

Sridhar.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Please answer the point related to -

"Hello Silvanna,

If POD is not there, YES you can create invoice immediately. If you also need in seting up POD please let me know as no one has given right procedure for POD here, sorry to say...!

Regards,

Sridhar."

It would be interesting to know what is the "right" procedure & it would be a learning for all.

PS - This is related to Silvanna's query.

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

My problem is the following: I would like to store POD in my system , i receive them from my logistic partner; but 1) I want to make my invoices on shipped quantities, NOT on confirmed quantities 2) I also want to use POD in order to generate credit notes automatically, for the difference between the confirmed quantity and the shipped quantity. How can i do? Thanks a lot, best regards.

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

My problem is the following: I would like to store POD in my system , i receive them from my logistic partner; but 1) I want to make my invoices on shipped quantities, NOT on confirmed quantities 2) I also want to use POD in order to generate credit notes automatically, for the difference between the confirmed quantity and the shipped quantity. How can i do? Thanks a lot, best regards.

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not want to "use" POD functionality as designed by SAP.

The confirmation of quantity by the SH To party could lead to credit memo. And your company billing documents has to be created on "Delivery quantity" in the delivery (not on the confirmed quantity via POD by SH To party)

To be process:

Sales order > Delivery (with delivery quantity = 20EA) > billing document (for 20EA)

Customer sends confirmation of receipt = 17EA > credit memo (for 3EA)

1. Create a custom field in Delivery at item level, e.g. Tab Picking. Call that field "Confirmed quantity"

2. Copy control setting F2 <-- LF, according to standard settings.

3. Copy control settings G2 <-- LF, billing quantity (FKIMG) = value in field "Confirmed quantity" (explained in 1)

Process steps

i. sales order created in VA01

ii. delivery created in VL01N

iii. picking, PGI done

iv. billing (F2) done in VF01

v. information about confirmation of quantity, received from SH

vi. item level, value of field Confirmed quantity given in VL02N

vii. credit memo created in VF01

Discuss with -

- the ABAPer with regards to custom field creation, taking the value of "confirmed quantity" in to credit memo - DataTransfer routine

- the business: would this be an acceptable process, it would involve customization, coding i.e. cost and testing

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

So, In standard SAP which is the best way, without doing customization?

I need to bill my customers on "Delivery quantity" in the delivery (not on the confirmed quantity via POD by SH To party); but I want to generate automatically credit memo from confirmed quantity in POD. Is there an alternative "standard" way? Thank a lot..... Best regards.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way in standard is to follow POD functionality as given by SAP.

(Your requirement) By billing 20EA and then giving "money back" for 3EA, as SH To party confirms the receipt of only 17EA has some unnecessary steps.

Follow the POD process if you want to go for standard SAP. The POD business process by SAP looks logical in your case. (i.e. without the G2 etc.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if u have checked pod for ur customer in customer master record, now  u want to creat the invoice without pod, in this case u should release the pod time by using VLPOD , then create the invoice,

thanks

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

check below screen , normally customer level you can maintain the POD , here you activate then process will at POD level , at do not activate the POD for not relevant for customer ,

check below screen for XD02 ,