cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three pricing procedure for single document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I came across a Issue  in down payment  request.

In a client there are three prcing procedure used when processing a single sales order.  The senarion is

The client will raise a sales order ( During this time a pricing procedure is getting triggered )  Based on the pricing proc determination.

the client inputs the price  and the billing plan and the billing document type and the amount.

After this,  the client creates an invoice  for the down payment ( during this time a different pricing procedure is triggered )  The determination for this is maintained in the pricing proc determination.

Finally,  the client creates an invoice in for the final time  ( during this time a differeent pricing procedure is triggered) The determination for this is maintianed in the pric proc determnianion.

My question is :

Is there any possiblity of different pricing procedure with one doc type

How three pricing procedure is possible with only one sales doc type ?

Is it because just by maintaining in determination in VOV7 the  differrent pricing are being triggered. ?

Or

Is there any customization done based on the billing plan type?  or any other enhancements?

Kindly give inputs.

Regards,

K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are two things in y our question:

1. Can we have multiple Pricing Procedure for Single Document Type?

Asnwer: No. This is not possible in SAP Standard or with ABAP Development

2. What you have pointed is while create Down Payment Request there is different Pricing Procedure & while creating Invoice, there is a different pricing Procedure.

Answer: THis is very much possible with different 'Document Pricing Procedure" for each Document Type & maintain different Pricing Procedure for Conbination of Sales Area + Document Pricing Procedure + Customer Pricing procudure in OVKK.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I Think I got a logic but I dont know whether this is correct ( I will have to check with my collegue ) , please guide me

In VOFA for the billing type  there is a  option for Doc pric procedure   under Account. assignment/pricing.

So based on this   we can create a new Doc pric procedure and assign for the combination

Sales area+ Doc. pric.proc+ Cust.pric.proc.  in VOK0

With this logic I think  they can have  different pricing procedure during billing based on the billing type. 

Guide me If I am right ?

Regards,

K

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Your understanding is correct.

You can define a different Document Pricing Procedure & use it to Determine a Different Pricing Procedure in Invoice.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Would you please give an example why we would - in general - need different pricing procedures for billing downpayment and billing installements (w.r.t milestone / period billing)?

If it could be done with one pricing procedure, would that not be less configuration work?

Thank you!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi K,

Yes you can assign different pricing procedure with the help of different DuPP in different billing types. But is that really necessary? (in order to satisfy your client requirement)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the client requires this process and there is huge customization in each and every thing they are doing. The client is well versed in SAP field . that is the reason y there is lots of customization involved in it.

Thank you all for all your inputs.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was looking for some reasons why for downpayment another pricing procedure is needed, in comparison to the payment of installements with a pricing procedure.

Just saying that client requires this process.....etc. is not helping us learn much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW..

Actually the problem is  the person who was assigned to that  did not have much information on that....  the client is big one and they have lots of  customized process for their own. 

that is the reason why i could not get much information on ....  I too understand that this will not help in learning... 

next time i will try to get the full picture...

Thanks for the input

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Pls check the below link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2017758

Thanks

Prasad

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are describing a scenario with downpayment and billing plan. For this you do NOT need multiple pricing procedures.

1) Read the theory of Downpayment configuration & relevant postings of downpayment amount. Also discuss with FI colleague.

2) Pricing procedure RVAA01, could be used (or a copy thereof)

a. there is condition type AZWR for downpayment, which gets activated (PR00 etc. get deactivated).

b. Item category (e.g. TAO for milestone billing) can be used for configuring billing plan. Plus other required and relevant configuration (assigne billing plan type to item category etc.)

My question is :

A: Check OVKK

If sales area (either VKORG or VTWEG or SPART) are different, then you can have different pricing procedures for the same sales document type. But I donot think that is related to your above scenario.

Same with having different Customer pricing procedure (XD02, button Sales Area Data, Tab Sales). then you can have different pricing procedures for the same sales document type. But here too, in the same OTC process, the CuPP does not change, as the CMR doesnot change.

How three pricing procedure is possible with only one sales doc type ?

Is it because just by maintaining in determination in VOV7 the  differrent pricing are being triggered. ?

Yes. Field "Pricing"

Or

Is there any customization done based on the billing plan type?  or any other enhancements?

PS - Having many pricing procedures is not advisable especially for the same process. Try to use requirements, fields, sequencing the condition tables "optimally" in the access sequence etc. to limit the number of pricing procedures.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, no it is not possible even if you try with user exit

G. Lakshmipathi