cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPCTL package and SAP executables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have started reading about the use of SAPCTL package for making SAP resources Highly Available with Oracle Clusterware. I have two Oracle RAC nodes on version 11.2.0.2 and I want to install a PI 7.30 system there. I plan to have the SAP executables on an Oracle ACFS filesystem.

Firstly, has any of you done a similar installation and is there a naming convention for the SAP executables. The white papers give recommendations for the Oracle binaries ( +ACFS), for the Oracle data (+DATA or +<SID>_DATA etc ) but haven't seen one for the SAP binaries.

Also, there is a statement in the SAPCTL white paper that I do not understand: It reads that "If SAP executables are located on an Oracle ACFS filesystem, this is detected by SAPCTL and the resource dependencies are automatically created"

I do not understand what that means in terms of the availability of the SAP executables. They are supposed to be installed in a shared cluster filesystem (in my case, I have a RAC cluster with ASM). If I was to lose a node of the cluster, would it be SAPCTL that would make sure that the SAP executables were made available again for the second node and for the app servers who are installed in remote hosts outside the cluster?

Many thanks

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AplicacionesSAP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas,

First that all,

I have many Oacle RAC with different Products (ECC, PI, BI, EP, etc), in my case I have to create a new AFCS for SAP binaries... the AFCS is a filesystem different to ASM (diskgroup). For than razon you can used this way for used this SAP tool.

Regards,

John Garavito