cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway Data model generation in customer namespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to create a query operation through gateway data models in our custom namespace.

The model is generated without any error.

When we try to create BDC model and give our name space in prefix we get errors :

"Exception of type CX_SIW_RESOURCE_FAILURE has occurred. See details for more information"

and the details give us following information :

Message details:

"   prefix does not match package prefix"

Any idea if there is a bug or restriction on using the generator in custom namespace?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody help with this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar question during a Duet Enterprise development training this week. I will update you  once we have an answer.

Regards,

Anh-Tuan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly please check if the standard Data Types and Fault Messages Type have been copied to the customer namespace in the ESR system. Refer to the section "Copy Data Types and Fault Message Type to the Namespace" in the document "How to Use the BDC Browser" (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-20126) for detail.

Also make sure that the proxies for the Data Types and Fault Messages Type are created and activated  in the SAP NetWeaver gateway system. See the section "Create Proxy Class for Data Types and Fault Message Types" in the above document.

Regards,

Anh-Tuan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem was resolved by changing the prefix specified for proxy in the BDC browser transaction settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Happy to hear your issue was resolved.

I'm not sure if the same issue was raised at the Duet Enterprise event I have mentioned. I've also got an update that the issue occurred since the base data type proxies were generated with a different prefix and the one maintained in the BDC Browser configuration. So, basically the same fix by changing the prefix in the BDC Browser tool.

Regards,

Anh-Tuan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was me .... I was lucky enough to get the issue resolved by Soumya in person .

Thanks For your help Anh!

Answers (0)