cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lead Selection not set Error for a View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed a small web dynpro abap application which takes input as carrid and connid using DDIC table SFLIGHT. Everything is activated properly. Lead selection is also set for context node in component controller. Still its throwing the error as "Lead Selection not set : INPUTVIEW(Name of view I developed)". Can you please help me with it ?

One thing I observed that, whenever I try to access context node which is getting data from DDIC table/ structure it throws this error. Please help me.

Thanks & Regards

Simin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simin

In your application you are having two nodes with the following arrtibutes.

Node 1 :

Carrid

Connid

Node 2

The data to be feteched from the table.

In this case we have to check for the cardinality of the nodes also.

Node 1 should have cardinality 0..1 because it may or may not contain single value. And selection should be 0..1.

Here Node 1 is a structure and carrid and connid are its elements.

Similarly Node 2 should have ardinality 0..n because contain multiple Values. Selection 0..1.

Here Node 2 is a table because it may have mutiple flights with same carrid and connid. And we have to bind this node with a table.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your guidance.

I have only 1 context node with 2 attributes -> sflight_node : carrid and connid.

I had set cardinality as 0...1 since input can be 0 or 1 for each attibute. Still its showing error as Lead Selection not set : INPUTVIEW.

Please help.

Thanks

Simin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simin

Cardinality we are setting for Nodes, not for attribute, Can you check the selction of that node? is it 0..1?

And What type of UI element you are using in the View?

Can you attach a screen shot?

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I got it. I had set cardinality for node itself. I had set it as 0...1. When I changed it to 1...1 it worked. I dont know why it wasnt taking cardinality as 0...1. The problem was in Cardinality but it was showing error in Lead Selection.

Thank you.

Regards

Simin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simin,

With cardinality set to 0..1 wda could not set lead selection because you does not supply data for node via bind_structure or similar. With cardinality 1..1 wda create this for you.

Kind Regards,

Roman

Answers (0)