cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing output - transmission medium 5 external send

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everyone!

I have doubts about how to manage the creation of an email, with and pdf attachment made through the standard SAP. The process have been made until now using transmission medium 1, printout, so we are getting an spool when the billing process is made and with a "Z" program the sapscript spool is converted from OTF to PDF, and after create a custom body message, the API function is used to send the email to an external email, with the pdf attached. Well, the requirement now is to that what this program "Z" does into the standard SAP process using Message Control Transmission Medium 5 - External Send.

I have been reading a lot of posts and OSS notes about that (753622, 1086090, etc) but still have questions:

Forgetting all the configuration part: output type, NACE, V/30 configuration, communication strategy, etc and focusing on the point of creating the body text (with customized text changing) and the conversion of the sapscript routines specified in NACE transaction (already done) into pdf attachment:

1) How is It possible to configure the body text of the email? "Mail title and Text" option from NACE transaction is only working for internal sap emails, not for external emails, as far as I know. Is necessary the SODIS transaction for creating disclosures? Or any abap development (and where do it?)

2) How is the conversion from the sapscript - OTF to PDF as attached conversion made? is necessary to do anything or is done automatically through the conversion in SOST transaction?

Thank you so much for your answers!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can get rid of the custom body text then this all can be done simply by standard configuration. But custom email body text, unfortunately, requires some ABAP development, I believe.

I'd suggest the "no text" option to the management because it'd be much more cost-efficient in short and long term.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1) How is It possible to configure the body text of the email? "Mail title and Text" option from NACE transaction is only working for internal sap emails, not for external emails, as far as I know. Is necessary the SODIS transaction for creating disclosures? Or any abap development (and where do it?)

•           For body text for the external mail you need to specify in the Z progarm
  •           "Mail title and Text" option in NACE for internal mail purpose

2) How is the conversion from the sapscript - OTF to PDF as attached conversion made? is necessary to do anything or is done automatically through the conversion in SOST transaction?

Pls check the below links

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3166335    

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Send+Message+to+External+email+id+and+SAP+User+id+via+ABAP

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

-> This needs to programmed in the logic - for example to fetch the email id from customer master and email header from standard text and body from another standard text based on say different billing types.

->This again needs to be programmed - there is a function module for PDF conversion that needs to be used in this case, it does not happen automatically.