SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP05 Payment lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dear experts...

i have one query in my ides while i am posting from FP05 Payment lot process i posted the related BP receivables but it not updating in FPL9 report, in FPF2 Rec key update showing the amounts with relate gl a/c. where i missed out setting for updating the fpl9 report...can u guide me plz...

thanks.....

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

If you are posting the payment and it is not being visible in FPL9 screen, then the most common reason behind is that the payment has gone into clarification.

You can view the payment through transaction code-FPCPL, by giving the payment lot no.

If the above scenario is not true, then you need to check the settings of account balance screen settings under IMG

Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Basic Functions->Account Balance Display->Define List Category.

Check for if any settings the payment item is not getting displayed in FPL9.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

If you are posting the payment and it is not being visible in FPL9 screen, then the most common reason behind is that the payment has gone into clarification.

You can view the payment through transaction code-FPCPL, by giving the payment lot no.

If the above scenario is not true, then you need to check the settings of account balance screen settings under IMG

Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Basic Functions->Account Balance Display->Define List Category.

Check for if any settings the payment item is not getting displayed in FPL9.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

thanks for replay Amlan...

yes it's there in clarification area. why it's gone there is i did any miss matching configuration for payment lot process. for selection category i did it !..

i am new to this process can u advise me to complete this process, my quiries are once i post a payment lot system has to clear the process according to what defined clearing process at clearing control level 05, but there is no result like that even it's not updating in fpl9.

suppose if i found in clarification area i need to select all manual things i am not suporing to do it this process.

system has to post lot what i received amount with out manual selection area.

can u guide me how can i get this result u r help is appreciable...  

Thanks....

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Payment posting in FI-CA happens at either the contract account level or at the contract level.

It doesnot happen at the business partner level.

This is because the account assigment (Company Code\Account Determination ID) can happen either at contract or contract account level.

So when, your posting the payment lot, you need to give either of them in the selction criteria.This will depend on the requirement, whether the invoice is posted at which level.

Now, if a particular payment has hit clarifiaction worklist, then you need to select the item and click on clarify on the first screen. A new screen appears and then enter the relevant Contract account\contract against which you want to post.

Once done, select the item and click on post.

After you have performed the above activity , you will be to able to see the payment item in FPL9.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

hi amlan..

in this process manual adjustment is compulsory..

suppose i have open items

01.05.2011-3000 Rs

01.06.2011-2000 Rs.

now i am receiving amount through payment lot 4000 Rs ..

my source system has to clear the first 3000 and left 2000(partial of 1000) r else if i receive 5000 Rs , it has to clear, for this i maintained clearing variant for clearing type 05 as a clearing rule in variant

1Proport. distrib. w/in group in case of partial clearing

these r the settings i maintained as per my knowledge concern...

if we have a limited number of BP it's ok to manage if i post more than 1 in a lot then finding may dificult..

question:1. the clarification clearing process is compulsory after closing and post the lot.

advise me for automatic process...

r else suggest me exact process....