cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in backend communication while Enter Invoice in SRM Shopping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User is getting the 'Error in backend communication;inform system administration' while he is trying to Enter Invoice in SRM shopping. We have WAS 640. I checked for any dumps (ST22) or errors (SM21) but could not find anything.

Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks,

Poorna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl. give yr tech scenario Classic or Ex. Classic?

- Have you specified backend system properly in SRM IMG->SRM server->Tech Basic settings?

- Also backend system for product category?

- Since you are posting an invoice have the TAX settings been taken care of?

e.g. Define system for Tax Calculation, Map FI and SRM tax code, Maintain tax codes

BR

Dinesh

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Just wonder whether you have resolved this problem as I am getting this error at a couple of clients' sites and wonder what could be the cause. I have looked up OSS notes but cannot find anything. There couldn't be any issues with my RFC set up as communication works fine for goods receipt for example.

Appreciate if you can share your experience on this.

Cheers!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually it was Poona who was getting the error. I was trying to help.

SRM gives backend application error when it tries to create some entries in the backend

and does not find the required attributes which authorise it to post the entries or the required config settings.

If you have classic scenario first check whether SRM can post intial follow-on such as PR, PO and GR

in backend.

That will ensure that you have correct attributes and config.

Then you can concentrate invoice specifc settings.

Also check whether you can post invoice for the same details in backend itself.

BR

Dinesh

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately we are operating in extended classic mode. I am able to create invoices in the backend without problem. It's just the creation from SRM that is giving this error and its consistently happening for different clients operating in ECM. Is it still worthwhile me checking the config settings again?

Cheers!

SF

Edited by: SF on Apr 8, 2008 2:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Invoices are posted to backend with the help of ALE IDOC.

message type- BBPIV

Is your distribution model is in place and correct?

Partner profiles created?

model distributed properly in backend?

BR

Dinesh

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. I am quite such that the partner profile is set up properly especially when the same profile is used for confirmation and I have no problem processing the confirmation in SRM. However, I will double check this and update the status.

Cheers!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

In backend you can check the IDOC receipt by TXN WE05.

if the status is in error ECC will also give you the reason in details.

BR

Dinesh

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

May be I should clarify. I get the error when I click on the Create button to try and create the invoice. So, I didn't even get a chance to get into the invoice screen.

I also have a feeling that it may have to do with some versioning check in SAP as I found this note 724950 which explain similar symptons that I encountered but not relevant for our system.

SF

Edited by: SF on Apr 8, 2008 3:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

I`m having the same issue you had. Did you find the solution for that? It´ll be very helpful if you can advise me on what to do with this.

Thanks

KC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

I`m having the same issue you had. Did you find the solution for that? It´ll be very helpful if you can advise me on what to do with this.

Thanks

KC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

<b>Please go through RZ20 transaction to find errors.</b>

From description, it seems to be configuration error 

(Please ensure that in SM59 transaction, the  RFC destinations and ALE Settings are propely maintained in SRM system)

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I only see CCMS monitor sets in RZ20. I do not see any error logs there. Can you please let me know how to see the errors in RZ20. Is there any other alternative?

Thanks,

Poorna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poorna,

Are you getting "FI System not found: Inform sys admin: error too; then make sure you maintain company codes in vendor root org, I guess you are using SRM 5.

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Reward points if my reply is useful.