cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Rate in the billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to find out the exact exchnage rate from the billing documets. We have different exchange rate copying control for different document types. For normail billing document types, we are using billing date, for credit, returns, debits, etc we are using blank.

We are not able to fetch the exchange rate from the billing document directly due to the below given reasons.

1. we use always one way for the conversion. which is from Any currrency to USD.
  2. it is not always one:one, sometimes it goes 10:1 (Eg: 10 TWD = 1 USD, in OB08 we will maintain 10 TWD = 0.3395 USD)

Is there any solution to get the exchange rate directly from the billing on the above scenario?

If not, what is the best way to get the exchange rate used in the billing document?

Can I use any of the dates from the billing document and check the exchange rate from OB08 transaction?

What is the use of translation date in the VBRP table? Can we use this date to get the exchange rate for all the billing documents?

Please do check and advise.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check OSS 1481238  - How are different exchange rates (Price, FI postings and Conditions) determined in billing documents for how the system handles the conversion. This may help you find a solution.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

How about using the translation date?

What is the use of translation date in the VBRP table? Can we use this date to get the exchange rate for all the billing documents?

Anyone, has idea about this traslation date VBRP - KURSK_DAT ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

As system determines the billing date (VBRK-FKDAT), goes to exchange rate table (TCURR) and fetches the exchange rate.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prasad,

Thanks for your reply.

For normail document your logic will work. But, how about the credit, debot memo's. Here we will using the orginal billing date.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabeeel ,

Do one think Get the Pricing date From VBRP-PRSDT table and match date with OB08 EXCHANGE RATE DATE GIVE THE VALIDATION SALE SAME DATE AND PICK THE EXCHANGE RARE FOR SAME THAT DATE WT IT MAINTAIN IN THE OB08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

We dont use pricing date for all the exchange rate. As I told you most of the document we use billing date, but for credit memo, debit memo etc the exchange rate will pick from the orginal billing document.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Whatever be your Echange Rate Determination in different BIlling Documents, but once you save the Invoice, Exchange Rate is stored in Invoice Header - VBAK - KURRF (Exchange rate-accntg) Field.

You can refer to VBRK - KURRF for getting the exchange rate of the Invoice.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jignesh,

Thanks for your reply. However, I will get only the value from the table.

In my above example i will get 0.3395, which doesnt tell me the exact value to get it converted to USD.

Acutal value is  10 TWD = 0.3395 USD. But from the  VBRK - KURRF table I will get only 0.3395, so how do I know that 1 USD = 10/0.3395.