cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Activating ChaRM (SOLMAN 7.1 SP 4) for Project with Portal landscape

former_member186154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Created a Logical component for the Portal Landscape with a Real DEV system and Virtual systems for Quality and Production systems. No inconsistency in the Logical component consistency check. IMG project is also successfully created.

When 'Refresh' is done in Change Managament tab 'No communication system for system' error shows up. The TMS settings for the virtual systems has the Communication system as the SOLMAN system.

When Project Consistency check is done 'System not correctly configured in system Landscape SMSY' Shows up for both the quality and Prod systems in system overview.

There is also a error 'Error calling function /TMWFLOW/SPRJ_GET_SMI_DATA_REL'

Any pointers on how to resolve this?

Regards,

Kathir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is the Answer!!

If Virtual Non-ABAP systems has to be added in the Logical Component of a ChaRM project in SOLMAN 7.1  for Netweaver system landscapes like Portal, PI, ... these are the steps to be followed.

• Create Virtual Non-ABAP systems in STMS and complete the required STMS settings
  • In SMSY for the Virtual systems, mark also the 'Application server ABAP' product instance as relevant (as shown in the image). This avoids the 'No communication system' error for the corresponding Vitual systems.
  • Ignore any other errors like 'Client Specific Transport control (CTC=1)' for the Virtual systems in Project check
  • Create the Task list
  • Also follow the SAP Note 1687980 - Virtual transport system in SMSY 7.1

Regards,

Kathir

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathiravan,

Do you have Service Desk config doc on SOLMAN7.1?

Regards,

Abhishek Parisoh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There you go, Service Desk Config doc: https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514762011E.PDF

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Fan,

Thanks for your help, but I need to configure Service Desk on SOLMAN 7.1 and you have provided Incident Management Configuration guide. Is it one in the same? If not then please provide me Config guide for Service Desk set up.

Regards,

Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

In Solman 7.1 'Service desk' is called as 'Incident Management'. Additionally you should see following:

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000736990& and choose form right menu: SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1: IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT. Also check https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/solutionmanager.

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SAP Fan for your valuable feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathiravan,

Did you have any luck with your CHARM activation.what was the solution? did the oss note fix your issue?

I am implementing CHARM 7.1 SP4 at a customer in the next weeks and am a little unsure how it will go when the following landscape is the following :-

NON CHARM (BAU frozen)

DEV -> TST -> PRD

CHARM ACTIVATED (parallel project landscape)

DV2 -> TS2 -> PPD -> PRD

(NOTE - parallell landscape will eventually be the BAU landscape controlled by CHARM when project goes live)

We want CHARM activated when we start the project on the parallel landscape.

All retrofits (manual) are to be done in DV2 along with project changes.

I am just wanting to know how I will setup CTS and CHARM logical components when :-

a. PPD may not be available when I activate CHARM ( do i use virtual systems?)

b. PRD is still used by BAU? (how is the CTS setup?)

Will I get issues during activation like you?  This is very hard to replicate in a sandpit environment and I am very interested in your experiences..

regards,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kathiravan,

please first confirm thal all your RFss has been gebnerated properly like client 000 and such.

Also confirm:

- Systems are defined in SMSY

- Transport Domain link between Transport domain controllers

- Logical components defined in SMSY (with correct system roles)

- Logical component added to SMI project

- Check TMS configurations.

-------

Follow this procedure properly:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10429

Regards,

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kathir,

I don't know if this note is applicable for your system, anyway it might help: