cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeline for SAP GRC AC 5.3 to 10.0 Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GRC Folks,

How much time it takes to perform a Migration from SAP GRC Access control 5.3 to 10.0? Is it time consuming or Is it very easy 1-2 weeks task.

If I have a 3-system SAP ECC landscape connected to SAP GRC AC 5.3 Dev and Production system and I want to Migrate the data to a SAP GRC AC 10.0 Sandbox system. How much time would it take to perform Migration and Post Migration tasks.

Please share your experience in Migration.

Has anyone used SAP Rapid Deployment solutions for SAP GRC. Is it useful.

How can I fast track my Migration from SAP GRC AC 5.3 to 10.0? Please advise

Cheers

Malini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achristian17
Participant
0 Kudos

If you talk of just moving data between system might be 2-3 days per system depending on the size of the data base. Apart from that you need to do all your pre-migration, actual migration and post migration work. And this is totally an estimated time of anything between 3-6 months based on the complexity and how cleaner you want to migrate data, ie. harmonization of old data.

RDS is for new implementation and not for migration. In RDS you'll use lot of standard data and instead of you doing hands on changes and creating some configurations are run thro'  a set of ECATT and BCSET automation. This action includes creation of standard firefighter userid creation, workflow paths and stages with pre-assumed data. This is almost similar to ECC 6.0 Best Practices with country specific system which was released by SAP few years back.

Rgds,

Asok Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asok, Thanks for the response.

Here I would like to know, If I have to do the Migration on a Sandbox system i.e. SAP GRC Access control 5.3 connected to 1-SAP System in the backend and perform Migration and Post Migration activities to AC 10.0 Sandbox system and also perform manual configuration of CUP Workflow using BRF+, Set up password self service, all these would take about 2-3 months time. Is this estimate correct or is it on higher side or lower side.

Also I have heard that there are lot of issues in the Migration tool provided by SAP and it is not so easy to perform Migration using the tool provided by SAP. I would like to know what is the experience of using the Migration tool. Is it supporting well or there are some hiccups while using the same which adds to the timeline for Migration and Post Migration tasks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malini,

2-3 months is a good estimate for the POC in Sandbox, if you have the resources. When you move to dev, this time will be reduced as you would have already figured out what workflows, settings, features..you need.

Coming to migration tool, there were some issues with it and were solved with latest SPs. Apply the latest migration tool. If you plan the migration ahead by studying the system then there shouldnt be a problem. As part of planning you need to consider which components you want to migrate. Like it may be a good idea to re-construct the workflows than migrating.

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member477008
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to my estimation time lines will be

1. Centralized data migration with tool 2 days with careful study.

2. which includes connectors, roles, Risk analysis and remediation setup.

3.rule setup if new rule setup 1 day.

4. needs netweaver 7.0 sp 11 and ac 5.3 sp 13 1 day

5 for one system new connectors 4 hours

6. creating owners, controllers, 1 day

7. organization set up 2 days

8. first bc sets activation 1 day.

total 9 working days

Thanks

-Emmanuel

Answers (0)