cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eMail Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking for the ways to send an email alert. I have this interface which creates 0-6 files, i want to send email to business folks with how many files PI created.  do I need to use mail adapetr for thid? or i can make use of this inetrface which creates files?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hello,

the description "I have this interface which creates 0-6 files" is a bit unclear to me but it sound like a integration process scenario. You create the files/messages inside an integration process (maybe using a 1:n mapping?) and then you can use a variable to count the messages. When you are done, you send a final message from the integration process to the mail adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcos.

this scenario is 1file-->multi files

want to send out emails with how many files the above scenario is created at the receiver.

let me try your solution.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternatively, you can define a message split with Interface Determination and add two receiver interfaces: the "main" file receiver, and an additional mail receiver. Build the file receiver part as normally. Then, for the mail receiver, simply count the items of the source message, that you expect to create target file (like: if each X node creates a target file, count X nodes).

This design might seem a little "naive", but for sure is also much simpler (and no BPM involved).

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Greg, this sounds good to me. is there a document i can refer to?

i have created on mail CC and recvr agreemnt for that. want to see how count and interface deter is configured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greg,

Did you mean, create another operation mapping to count the number of nodes?

it means all the graphical mappings will be re-run for the second one also?

or is there way i can pass the count from the first opration mapping to mail adapter as body.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

If you want to use SAP PI you need a Receiver Mail Adapter to send the mail with the alert.

You should point us what do you want to alert, because for example in a ECC endpoint you could send email without SAP PI, but in my opinion is better to centralize all the comunications with an integrator like SAP PI.

I think is neccesary that you understand the diference between File/FTP adapter and Mail adapter. In a few words:

Sender Mail Adapter: SAP PI makes the connection to a mail server, with polling, in order to take mail deposited there. (This is not your case)

Receiver Mail Adapter: SAP PI converts a SOAP XML message to an e-mail with all possibilities of a regular an email, for example with attachment files, etc. (This is your case)

Sender File/FTP adapter: SAP PI makes the conection to directory or FTP server in order to take a file.

Receiver File/FTP adapter: SAP PI converts a SOAP XML message into a File to connect to a directory or FTP server in order to deposit the file.

All scenario needs a Sender and a Receiver. It's obvious that you should use a Receiver Mail, the sender must be chooseen depending of the source of the alert. For example:

- A connection from ABAP-PROXY: not sender agreement required because the SAP ECC system connects directly and transparently to the  SAP PI

- Using a SOAP protocol, an XML message to SAP PI, the source could be in a Java, .Net, etc application.

- Using RFC

- Using JMS, File/adapter metioned after, etc.

Also is easy to find how-to of differents scenarios in SCN.

Regards and good luck.