cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message SOLAR DOC021/SOLAR DOC020

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello at all, I have the same problem explained here : http://scn.sap.com/thread/1401622  but with 7.20 SAP GUI version.Could somebody help me resolve this issue ... I can't find any patch for the 7.20 SAP GUI.

Below you can find the release information

Thanks a lot for your help!

Laura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

try the correction of note 1597226.

This should correct the error which occurs when a document is taken over

into Solution Manager without specifying a file extension. This causes a

wrong extension to be stored for the document,  which corrupts table

data for the file, so that it cannot be displayed any more in Solution

Manager.

If you should encounter further problem documents that were uploaded

without extension and that do not open up after applying the correction,

please go to the attribute dialog and make sure that the assigned

documentation type fits the original file type of the document.

Kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fabricius,

thanks for your reply. The problem is that I just changed my laptop one week ago. With the old one, I didn't had this problem and there was the same SAP LOGON version...the only thing changed is the operating system : before WIN 98 , after WIN 7.

Let me know if you have any other idea. Thanks a lot, Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to tell you that it's impossible that this is an extension problem because the others users doesn't have my same issue for the same documents... thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

This could be a bunch of things but let's try to find the source in this case.

When exactly does this error prompts on? When opening any document? When uploading? When opening documents you created in the system? When opening documents you uploaded to the system?

Which office version are you using?

Are you folder set to hide the extension of the file at the OS?

(this could be the source of the issue in case you're uploading it, since when the windows folder settings are set to hide the extension, the solman uploads it without extension, so it'll not open anymore)

kind regarrds,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can upload documents, I can download, I can create without problems.

I cannot just display and open all word and excel documents but I can display and edit visio documents. The office version is the 2007. I have allow the option to display the files extensions.

thanks a loto for you help, Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Check if there are the following entries on frontend machine registry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> .DOC field "Data" and

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> .XLS field "Data".

If MS Office 2003 or newer is installed on your frontend machine, it is expected that the field "Data" contains the string "Word.Document.8" and "Excel.Sheet.8", respectively.

Check this in your notebook. You can use registry editor "regedt32.exe" to check the entries.

kind regards, Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fabricius,

first of all thanks another time for your help, you are the only one that has replied !

I've checked the entries in the registry, I have those data...

and same thing for the .Doc

I wanna cry !

I also cheched the version from the SAP  LOGON and it seems up to date...

Regards, Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately, I'm running out of ideas. My last try would be that you try to update the SAP GUI, even though you're on version 720, the latest patch level is 10 if I'm not wrong. It could be a problem in the front end.

Regarding the error, are you facing the both errors SOLAR_DOC021 and SOLAR_DOC020? Does it happens when trying to open any kind of document? Or is it restricted to some procedure?

Depending on the situation this is happening I could try to reproduce in my system.

Also, in which SP is your SolMan?

Kind regards, Fabricius