cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Runtime Environment Not running on Windows Server 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have some Crystal Reports that we upgraded from Crystal Report 10 to Crystal Report 13 via tha Visual Studio 2010 automated process. The reports runs fine on my local development environment which is Windows XP Professional Edition using Visual Studio 2010. Now when I try to test these reports on Windows 2008 Server where the code is being deployed the SAP Crystal report browser omes up and there is not actuall report within the Crystal Report browser. I also see a logo saying SAP Crystal Report on this browser on Window 2008 Server but no report within the browser. I have installed the CR_Runtime_32bit_13_0_2.msi on the server.

The only difference between the above to environments is that one has the Crystal Reports 13 for Visual Studio 2010 and the server has CR Runtime Environment.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using sessions, ensure the following flow is used:

Use the following workflow:

If not ispostback()

Dim rpt as new reportdocument()
Rpt.Load(pathtoreport)
Session.Add(“report”, report)
crystalReportviewer.reportsource = rpt

else

crystalReportviewer.reportsource = session(“report”)

end if

From your description, I do not think the above is the issue,  but just wanted to cover that possibility. For an issue where the report does not come up at all see the following:

KB - 1605773 - CRVS2010 web viewer is not displaying the Crystal report

Symptom

• A Web application displays all reports on development computer 
  • When the application is deployed to a server, no report ever displays in the Crystal Reports web viewer

Environment 

• WIN 2008 Server 
  • VS2010 
  • CRVS2010

Cause

• The viewers13 directory is not configured correctly

Resolution 

• An application using IIS default application pool will use the viewer from the following location:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\crystalreportviewers13\...

• When using custom application pool copy the aspnet_client folder (c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\...) and all of it’s subfolders to the physical root directory of the web site 
  • Also, ensure the following is in the web.config file of the application:
<httpHandlers>
<add verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version= 13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>
</httpHandlers>

Please note that the path in the above solution is important. E.g.; if you install to a driver other than "C", you will have to adjust.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek- Thanks for your prompt response. I wanted to make sure so you meant I should be coping the asp_client directory to the C drive that is like: C:\asp_client.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek- I tried copying the asp_client folder to the C drive as well as the root of my web application where the web.config resides and I get the same issue of a blank white SAP Crystal Report Viewer. I checked and I have the httpHandler tags for SAP in the web.config as well.

I was wondering do you know if I need to install anything other than CR_Runtime_32bit_13_0_2.msi

I saw some merge modules I was wondering if you know I needed to install them on the server as well....

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Natasha

No other runtime is needed. The MSI is it and best as it also includes other non CR dependencies (e.g.; VC++). Couple of ideas.

1) See if the info in the following thread will help:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3157366

2) Use a utility such as Charles or Fiddler to see where the viewer requests are being redirected to.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek- According to fiddler it appears to be looking for the WebResources.axd file and displays this message:

GET WebResources.axd.404 Not Found

Server Error:

404 Not Found

The resource you are llokign for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Is there any Crystal Report Runtime patch or fix I might need to apply for this to work.

Thanks!

-Natasha

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 404 error has nothing to do with Crystal Reports. I'd suggest googling "error 404" and see if any of the finds will help. You will have to resolves this error before continuing on to CR.

Is Fiddler telling you anything about the crystalreportviewers13 folder? Is it even being looked for?

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Natasha, I just noticed that you are also on this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3180949

That will just lead to confusion and its' against the rules of engagement. Please choose the thread you want to work on, let me know and I'll close the other one.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The entire .NET application works fine but when I click the link that takes us to the Crystal Reports we get the missing WebResource.axd. I have also added the WebResource.axd handler to the web.config. But I get the following error.

Get WebResource 500 Internal Sever Error

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

This only happens when running the reports using the Crystal Report Runtime Environment on the but not within visual studio.

baby_cs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

We also have the similar issue when we published our software to one of our client. The server is Windows 2008 R2 62bit,

VS2010

CR for VS2010

When I tried Fiddler it is saying it is redirecting.

302   HTTP   /aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/js/crviewer/crv.js

302   HTTP   /aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/js/crviewer/images/style.css

302   HTTP   /aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/js/crviewer/spider/spider/aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/js/crviewer/crv.js

302   HTTP   /aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/js/crviewer/images/spider/spider/aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/js/crviewer/images/style.css

and so on.

Please help.

Thanks

Baby C S

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if this will help:

1. Copy the folders under "\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\" and paste them under the  root of the custom web site 
  2. Add the following to the application web.config file:
<configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="businessObjects">
      <sectionGroup name="crystalReports">
        <section name="crystalReportViewer" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler"/>
      </sectionGroup>
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>

<businessObjects>
    <crystalReports>
      <crystalReportViewer>
        <add key="UseBrowserLocale" value="true"/>
        <add key="resourceURI" value="~/aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13" />
      </crystalReportViewer>
    </crystalReports>
  </businessObjects>

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One idea occured to me;

Is the application configured for 32bit on IIS7? It could be his app runs well with the 64bit.net framework and when trying to open a crystal report, only 32bit runtime exists and it fails.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ludek- The application is configured for 32 bit on IIS 7. As it was also developed on 32 bit machine where it runs fine and the server is a 32bit Windows 2008 Server. When it runs on server it gives the 404 Server error and keeps looking for WebResources.axd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek- I still cant view that report. Is there any other things I need to do or is there an install you can point me too...

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think we've pretty well exhausted all I can think of. I'd say the next step would be to create a phone case here;

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/en_US/pd/productID.98078100?resid=S6I@hgoHAkEAAGsiyV...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir Mr.Uher,

I have been struggling for same problem (report page coming blank) for last more than 8 days. Since last 22 hours I have been continuously doing r&d for solving this thing, tried in various ways but no luck. I came across this post & followed what you have written & my report is coming now. Sir, Thank you very very very much for your valuable solution.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Amita

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amita

Many thanks for letting me know. It's always nice to know that there is some value in these Discussions .

Happy coding,

- Ludek

Answers (0)