cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send traps SNMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i have problem try send traps SNMP to other operation system (HP-UX Open View). I set the monitor (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/43/ee6df92cf4eb41b11d15cc8e3a368a/frameset.htm) but the system open view does not find the trap.

the configuration was as follows

1)  Download the file SNMPLIB_<Version>.SAR

2) Copy all files in the "DIR_EXECUTALBE"

3) copy new methods RZ21 "CCMS_OnAlert_SNMP_TRAP"

3) adjust parameters in the Method.

The alarm is delivering in alert inbox PI System but not send to Open View Server.

Please help.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check sap note 939616 and  585110.

Please post what errorm you are getting .

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I do not see any error but the method doesn't execute the trapsend it is what it seems.

I have already checked the note 585110 and manual OS level trapsend works and we can verify the same on the receiver where rectraps is configured (only for verification purposes).

But the other note 939616 might help. I will check and post back on the feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We could get this working after trapsend was configured in the DIR_EXECUTABLE directory. THis got modified since the SNMPLIB archive was unpacked in the kernel.

Our DIR_EXECUTABLE was changed from /sapmnt/SID/exe to /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/exe

Hence the problem. Surprisingly the SM49 execution of SEND_SNMP_TRAP command is not reliable to conclude that trapsend is configured properly.

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think is most likely a problem with the parameters on the Method definition.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a similar problem. I have tried sending the SNMP Alert manually by using trapsend at the OS level. With rectraps configured on recipient host, the manual trapsend works with rectraps registering the trap alert sent.

But the method somehow doesn't trigger the alert. I have referred the note 585110 - RZ20: Sending alerts as SNMP traps.

The parameters are maintained in method accordingly but there is no data sent.

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah