cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic printer selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We  have a scenario where  the customer requirement is the printer is to be selected dynamically based on the user -id location and what type of form  the print was.

ex: If a user z  printing   billing   document the printer have to be selected based on his location  where Z is working on like building  or warehouse  and the printer which  billing forms are collected by the billing team.

We have Cypress output managment system now, which has  the print queues defined to all printers  and spad was defined  to have Cypress as access method External output .

I am not sure how the output determination can be done dyanmicaaly based on user -location and type of form printing...

Please suggest how this can be achived....

Thanks,

Subhash.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

There can be a solution provided that user always sits in the same location.

In that case in SU01-->Defaults--> A default printer can be assigned to the user. The printer name could such that it identifies the location. So depending on user's location you can assign him that printer or he can do it himself using SU3.

However if I recall correct for billing docs some additional customizing is done by Functional folks so may be some wortk might be needed there as well but may be it is not necessary. But check it out. The link output types to printer but I don't recall it. Just test out the solution I have suggested. If it doesn't work discuss with func. folks as well.

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

2 option

1. Use default printer in su01 ( assign printers to the users)

2. In spad you can configure the printer that use in the windows default printers

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if i provide defualt printer details in user master record all prints of that users will go that ony.

But the customer needs different types of prints in warehouse should be addressed to different printers  like billing to billing dept printer, label to another.......

Thanks,

Subhash.G

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi You can assign  printers x to user x and printers y to user y The configuration of the printers in SU01 it's only for the user you enter  Or you can install in all your customer computers all the printers and in SAP select the printers will be the default windows printer  Naor

Answers (0)