Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA01 : Wrong creation date of Sales order document

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a sap basis administrator, I have been assigned a problem with wrong creation time of sales order docuement.

We are an UK company with a local entity in Brazil, the sales docuemnts created by Brazilian users have a UK creation time,

as you can imagine this has significant impacts and obviously it has been labelled as a sap basis issue.

After spending some time reading SAP notes 198411 and documents , I am convinced that it is a SD customizing issue, but I have absolutely no knoledge in SD, that is why I am asking for your help.

This is what I have done so far ;

I have checked that all the users impacted have been defined in SAP (transaction SU3) with Personal Time Zone : Brazil.

In system -Status , the correct timezone is displayed

So  the time zone of the user profile creating sales order is brazil, wich is correct.

I have then reproduced the problem on QA system , creating a sales order in trasnaction VA01 being logged on as a brazilian user ;

In table VBAK , the field ERZET indicates a UK creation time ...

Still being connected as brazilian users , I have perfromed the checks proposed by sap note 198411

All the checks are OK

sy-zonlo   : BRAZIL

sy-datlo   : 26.04.2012

sy-timlo   : 13:03:04

sy-datum   : 26.04.2012

sy-uzeit   : 17:03:04

For some weird reason, the system time sy-uzeit is being picked up, instead of the local time sy-timlo

I have found a similar thread, the latest post, suggest that it might be a customizing issue in sales ordertype, ...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1424438

But I am lacking SD knowledge to check SD customizing, anyone could help me ?

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend checking the time zone assignment for sales organization (t.code OVX5), plant (OX10) and shipping point (OVXD). These settings can cover all the sales documents.

Regards,

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Shiva for your response,

I checked all the transactions you mention ; sales organization (t.code OVX5), plant (OX10) and shipping point (OVXD) they are all assigned to brazilian calendar.

I still do not understand why system-time sy-uzeit is being chosen instead of local time sy-timlo in VBAK-ERZET (sales document entry time)

Any other SD transaction/view that might be worthwile checking ?

Thank you

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, happy to note that you did some research work before posting.  It is a general logic that SAP considers server time for all transactions.  However, you may check the following TCodes:-

1)  STZAC,

2)  STZBC &

3)  STZGC

You may also have a look at the following notes which may help you:-

• Note 42876 - Time zones: Daylight savings time calculated incorr.
  • Note 424097 - CRM Internet scenario, status display, incorrect date/time
  • Note 814213 - Time zone not taken into account at sales order transfer
  • Note 814504 - Timezone incorrect during sales order transfer to APO

G. Lakshmipathi

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input.

The transactions codes STZAC,STZAB and STZGC are actually correctly configured ; Brazil timezone is activated in thoses transactions.

Also we do not user CRM or APO, the error is generated directly in the ECC6 system.

Could you please shed some light on the following statement ?

G Lakshmipathi wrote:

It is a general logic that SAP considers server time for all transactions. 

I am indeed starting to think that SAP is simply not able to use local time when creating a sales order but uses instead the system time no matter the timezone of the user profile ; but I am not familliar with SD; Do you know by any chance if SAP also considers server time for transaction VA01 ?

Thank you

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you know by any chance if SAP also considers server time for transaction VA01 ?

As I said already, to my knowledge, SAP will consider server time only for all transactions.  Having said this, you need to check your server time with the sale order created time.   May be you can test this case in development server and update whether I am wrong.

G. Lakshmipathi

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the precisions G. Lakshmipathi ,

We have actually an unique operating system server shared by several sap systems dedicated to different countries ; the operating system time is set to GMTUK.

And when connecting to the Brazilian system, in transaction STZAC , the system time zone should be the same as the operating time zone, as far as I understand it.

We only have some flexibility when defining the user's default time zone.

Answers (0)