cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM AUTOMATIC or Manual port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm primarily PI consultant. In our current project, i'm working on MDM-PI-WMB scenario.

I want to learn MDM. Now i have learnt how to syndicate records using MDM data manager.

I know how to syndicate records using MDM syndicator.

Now i want to know how do i know that the port is manual or automatic.

i know that if port is made manual then the records have to be syndicated using MDM syndicator

otherwise records get syndicated once you make any changes in MDM data manager (if the port is automatic).

I have searched in scn and sap technical, i din't find the correct or specific answer.

I'm new to MDM, please help me on this so that i know that where is this that we can make the port manual or automatic.

thanks in advance,

Regards,

Amarnath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath

These all configurations are done in mdm console, when you specified the port as outbound port you give the type as manual(by syndicator) or by automatic(mdss).........so here when you specify a remote system and port .....you have to specify there syndicate type also.....

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

Thanks a lot for your valuable information on this.

please elaborate little more on this.

where exactly in console do i be able to configure.

just mention the path as to where should i do in console.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amarnath

In console hierarchy->under admin-> ports->port details

name:- name of your port

code

type:- outbound

remote system-: name of your remote system

map:- map that you uploaded

process type:- manual or automatic

sorry speed is slow, that why not able to upload picture.......

Tell me if further guidance required......

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot nitish for this. i will look into this.

please can you tell me where is this 'ready' and 'archive' folders in MDM.

We need to clear these before the port is made automatic otherwise all the changes made to the records get syndicated which i don't want.

please mention the path as to where should i go and clear these folders(READY in particular).

This is part of our project which i need to know.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Amarnath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

I have logged in to the console to see these port.

i'm unable to find the section console hierrarchy-->Admin.

Please help.

Thanks,

Regards,

Amarnath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amarnath

1) do you have access to console and particular repository you are working on, if yes ,than when connect to repository, than only you can see this section, this section will be  tuple section.

2)to send data to outbund port.......

the path to ready folder will be like this.........

/MDMPORT_OUTBOUND/R3_ERP/_MATMAS/Ready

it depends on you what name you have given to outbound port and which message type you are using.............

Regards

Nitish Sharma

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi amarnath

Please  folllow the below path for ready folders:

MDM Server’s distribution root directory:  

root/DBMSinstance_DBMStype/RepositoryName/Inbound/RemoteSystem/
PortName/Ready

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi amarnath,

As per your above screenshot. you have only connected to one repository i.e. EACT_DEV. have u go under that repository by clicking on the . you can see the tables  including admin table also under that repsoitory.

Revert with your findings.

Thanks

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek..I'm now able to access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot nitish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek/Nitin,

In MDM, are there  3 folders viz..,ready ,archive and exceptions folders.

what is exception folder.?

are there any other folder apart from these.?

if we clear ready folder, we have to delete all the files manually, after deletion, where do these files go.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ever an exception occurs during the Import, then the files are moved to the exception folder. i.e when ever their is an error in the import file, the file is moved to exception folders.

This exception folder contains three sub folders

1. ImportX

2. StructuralX

3. ValueX

1. Import exception : Consider you have a Unique field say Global ID in SAP MDM, and a record already exists in MDM with Global ID "66", now if your input file contains a record which has Global ID field as "66", then this becomes an unique constraint violation and the exception files are moved to ImportX folder.
  2. Structural exception : IF the input file has a Table which does not exist in the SAP MDM, then the file is moved to StructuralX folder.
  3. Value exception : If the input file has fields of type Text, and they are mapped to MDM fields of type Integer then this becomes a value exception and the exception files are moved to ValueX folder

You can delete the files manually by going to these folders. they are permanently deleted

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Prasad

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi amarnath,

Hope you understand what is exception folder is as explained by Prasad.

For clearing the ready folder:

There is some difference between the Import and the Syndcation process.

During Import, after the file gets imported, it moved from the Ready folder to the Archive folder automatically.

But, during the Syndication it is not automatic. You will have to remove/delete the file manually or may by using a middleware such as XI.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amarnath

either you can delete or remove.......that means permanent delete or pick up(by pi).........

Answers (0)