Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Border lines not showing for a table

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm very new to both SAP and Adobe print forms. I have a few questions:

1. I've created a table with a header, body and footer and wrapped it in a flowed subform. The header has every other column set to a grey fill. The body has every other column set to a grey fill. The grey filled body columns fall below the white header columns, and the white body columns fall below the grey header columns. The footer has every other column set to grey fill. The grey filled footer columns fall below the white body columns, and the white footer columns fall below the grey footer columns. I've tried to put a border around the body and the border lines only show up where the column is white. It's almost like the grey columns are overwriting the border. How do I fix this?

2. Somehow in the footer row, one of the columns got deleted (so the header and body have 18 columns and the footer has 17 columns). I have no idea how this happened because when I tried to recreate it by deleting a footer column, the corresponding detail and header columns also get deleted. Is there a way to add a column back in to the footer. I've tried, but when I select "add column to right" nothing happens.

3. I originally had Lifecycle Designer 7.0 on my computer and now have been updated to 9.0. In 7.0 I could arrange my tool bar and palettes the way I wanted and they would stay like that (even if I got out and then back in). Now in 9.0 every time I leave or change from display to change mode the tool bar and palettes keep going back to the default. Very aggrevating! Is there any way to save the layout the way I want?

Thanks for all of your help!

Julie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Did you got the issue fixed..? or still looking for a solution...?

Let me know if I can help you ..

Cheers,

Sai

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

No, I don't have an answer yet. It appears as though the shaded columns are some what overlapping the non-shaded columns. So what I've done is to increase the width of the border line for the shaded columns. I can then see the border, however, it gives the report a jagged look. I've tried attaching both a .jpg and .png file, but it keeps telling me that the attachment is not the correct type. So I've inserted a sample invoice. I'm hoping it's legible enough so that you can see what I mean. Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Julie

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Well my 1st question is..is that the table build using the standard table component / wizard..or for some reason did you designed the table using subform.

If its a standard table, did you change any of the settings other than color...? else the table border should have no problem.

Well if the table is built using subform then its a overlapping issue.

For these sort of issues I need the xml source to check what else might be problem, if you have no issues you can send me mail with attachment.

As per the ADLC windows, I am not sure I am using 8.2.3 still...

Cheers,

Sai

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I first tried using subforms, but I had a few issues: 1. I couldn't figure out how to get the table footer to show on every page right below the body, so that it looked like a flowed table. 2. Although the first page borders looked good, the second, third, etc. pages had the same issue I'm having now using a UI table. 3. For some reason the heading on the second, third, etc. pages was "squished". I've inserted 2 pages of the original invoice using subforms to show you my issues. I've made several changes since I originally tried using subforms, so I'm hoping I don't have to go back to that.

To answer your question, I'm not sure what type of changes you're asking about, but the only changes I made to the UI table would be shading and formatting (i.e. column width/height). I can send you the XML if it would help, but I'm not sure where to find your email address.

Thanks!

Julie

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Desiging a table with subforms is not a easy task and shouldn't approach untill you need dynamic columns etc..

Well the on standard table i mean did you change any padding etc.

Anyways send me your XML source to saikrishna186@gmail.com

Cheers,

Sai